Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Sts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Currently Having A Popping Noise Every Time I Accelerate Forward I Here A Popping Noise But When I Get Up To Spend It Stops If I Slow Down And Press The Gas It Does It Again Sounds Like It's Coming From Down Below In The Front Axle My Sts V8 Is Awd I Let The Shop Put It On A Rack And The Passenger Side Wheel Isn't Spinning With All The Wheels Please Help I Love This Car

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
Re: 2005 Cadillac Sts

sOMETHING iS wRONG wITH yOUR cAPS lOCK aND pUNCTUATION pROBLEMS.

Thread title changed to better reflect your problem.

(Welcome to the Funny Farm !!! :highfive: . There's not much slack around here.)

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts
I had a similar sound with my RWD V8, turned out to be a motor mount - Now, yours being an AWD model introduces a little added complexity.

·
Registered
2006 STS4
3 Posts
I have the same concern. I have an 06 awd 4.6. I thought motor mount but it's a rotational noise. I've only seen a mount create a singular knock noise as well as movement felt in the engine bay. I've been thinking cv axles or the propeller shaft. My car won't produce the symptom on a lift.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
If one front wheel isn't turning, the brake caliper could be sticking, the CV joint could be going, or the differential could be shot (to name a few). What did the mechanic with the lift say?

Guessing wrong may be costly and a complete waste. I'd strongly consider taking it to a Cadillac dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts