Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a2005 STS, I changed the battery and now she won't start. Push button start. When I try to start it, the dash goes black and then after about 30 seconds the dash comes alive like the car has started. I removed the new battery and charged it fully. Put the battery back in and the car started right up, turned it of and the no start with the same as described above.

Took it the dealer, replaced the ECM, car worked fine for 2 days and the back to this no start situation. Over those 2 days the radio/head unit would light up but no sound and the failed completely on day 2. There are 2 codes: P2119 Throttle actuator control throttle body range and P0122 Throttle/pedal position sensor switch A circuit low.

Does anyone know if these would cause the no start? Does the radio/head unit need to be programmed for a specific car (yes the fuses under the back seat are good)? Can't do any kind of 'key relearn' because the theft lock light never turns off to complete the 3 cycles.

Need help, dealer is quoting a huge $$ to try to fix it, they don't seem to have any clue what's wrong.

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
1,919 Posts
Fried some electronics when you changed the battery. Dealer will have to do a full diagnostics (if they even have anyone bright enough to troubleshoot) Big $$$ Good luck

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
438 Posts
Charge battery fully. Check voltage on the battery POSTS. Again as you try to start the car. Battery below 10.5V = replace battery again- you got a bad new battery. If no significant drop = move further down the wiring "tree". Check voltage at the jumper terminal beside the fuse box as you try to start. Is your car a V8 or V6? If V6 - do the voltage check at the starter solenoid. Look up the purple wire trick on this forum. This should get you started down the repair path. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts