Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Interior still looks cheap. Come on Caddy! Want to play with the big boys, you're going to have to do better.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Elvis said:
It's the door armrest. Not functional at all.

I guess everyone has there own opinion but I see nothing wrong with that interior. I would be ever so happy to trade in my CTS and go for a nice cruiser like that.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
Dont like the cheezy wood.....otherwise nice

Cheesy Wood!!! That is pure eucalyptus wood and it is gorgeous! Show me some wood in a BMW or Benz that looks better. Maybe you don't like it's layout that is subjective but the wood itself is perfect.

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
rueben44 said:
Cheesy Wood!!! That is pure eucalyptus wood and it is gorgeous! Show me some wood in a BMW or Benz that looks better. Maybe you don't like it's layout that is subjective but the wood itself is perfect.
It's smart that they did a simple dual exhaust system...and I think the interior is cool but the jury is still out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I posted the above pic of an LS430 incase this one doesn't turn out clearly...

This is a pic of the interior of my car.

Now you may be wondering, why does some schmuck Lexus owner belong to a Cadillac board?

Well, I'm interested in Cadillac. Each year I keep praying they will pull their heads out of their a$$e$ and start building good cars again.

I am just the kind of car buyer that Cadillac craves and needs. I am the owner of a foreign luxomobile who refuses to buy American because the quality is not up to par.

I would love to buy American, and when the CTS came out, Cadillac really caught my eye...I thought...wow, they are finally getting their act together...

That is...until I sat in one. As nice as the exterior is, the interior was GM Cheap all the way. Granted, it was an improvement, but it is still substandard compared to Lexus.

So for a couple years now I have been waiting for the STS...hoping beyond hope that Caddy would finally do it right.

I like the exterior...but if the shot at the head of this thread is what the interior of the new STS will be like....then Cadillac misses the mark again. It looks like the usual GM cheap plastic and cheap leather, and poorly done at that.

I really hope that the above pic of the STS interior is just an early prototype and that the final product is more refined, otherwise Cadillac will still be dreaming about converting customers like myself into becoming American car buyers.

Which is sad, becasue I really want them to hit a home run....

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Kobiashi, nice car. looks like my interior, different wood i think. I researched alot of cars before i bought my LS, and unfortunately cadillac just didnt have anything to compare to the LS.

I'll be eager to see the STS interior in Black. There will be 2 wood options and 1 brushed aluminum option for the interior, so there may be a really sweet looking combination available someway.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I'll take the Cadillac.....The Lexus isn't all that!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Sorry KC, I understand your feelings. But I think even Cadillac would admit that currently they cant compete with the LS. Keep in mind my LS was 64k, so there is no real apples to apples car that Cadillac has to compare it too. Hopefully, that will change in the next few years, at which point Ill happily return to Cadillac. The possible STS-V would be perfect :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I must be in a different galaxy, but that looks like the best American made interior ever thought up. I really don't see any cheap plastics. THAT WOODS LOOKS PRETTY EXPENSIVE TO ME!!! and call me biased, but I like that interior better than the LS. Man, I expected better responses. The only thing remotely cheap to me is the bottom of the doors.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I guess we can be thankfully we have many choices to pick from than just one car.
I really like the look of the CTS until I sat in one and found it to small of a feel for me.
The really test will be when we get to sit in one
And with amout of coats of finish they on the ood it is getting hard to tell the difference between really woodand the print stuff

·
Registered
None :(
2,703 Posts
*Me* would take a Lexus LS430 over a caddy anyday, they have rear seat massagers!!! I think all cars should have them... both in rear and in front.
:shhh: :halo:

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
I don't think the interior of the Caddy looks cheap at all. However, if the interior of that car was black it would look a lot better. Here's a basic prinicple...light wood grain looks better with light colored interior and dark wood grain looks better with dark colored interior.

The lexus' interior design is much more organic while the Caddy's is much more boxy, big, has more straight lines. I guess one could conclude that the Caddy interior is less "refined" than the lexus. I would like to see Caddy take some major steps to redesign their interiors to a new look. It is clear to me that the interior design of many foreign cars are more refined than that Caddy we are seeing...I want a major overhall, not slight changes.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts