Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an STS. 2005. So far so good. Great car. I'm looking to add some after market upgrades. I want to start under the hood with a basic intake system. Any thoughts on a brand or website to buy from? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,314 Posts
There is nothing on the market that will result in a measurable improvement beyond noise. The stock intake is very well designed.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS
182 Posts
If you certain that you want an aftermarket CAI, then I would go with D3's on ebay there cheaper than K&N and they are the same design. People have said that the volant intake needs some modification to fit since it was orignially made for the SRX.

·
Registered
'05 STS V8, 1SF JE5, Lockpick, Volant CAI, Corsa, Summer 20s
59 Posts
The volant can be fabricated to fit well if you are moderately handy with a hacksaw, grease pencil, and ruler. You shouldn't have to be at the price, but I still like mine plenty. It takes air not only from the fender well like the stock intake, but also the front grille and the box itself is much larger. I think it improves throttle response and air flow. As dkozlowski says, the major factor here is the sound, may be a mpg, but you won't get it, you'll rev it more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts