Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone can help me with this one. I set up my droid to work with the bluetooth and it has been working fine for 3 - 4 months. All of the sudden, I will dial, hear the phone ringing once and then the sound cuts out and I hear nothing! It is now unusable! I have tried deleting the phone and then adding it but no help. Also, does anyone know how to xfer contacts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
18 Posts
There is no way to transfer contacts. I can't find the limit of entries but it does have the last 10 dialed and received and can record 10 nametags. You'll want to limit it to the ones you need in the car and record nametags, too.

I had a similar trouble and ended up deleting & setting it up again and trying all the phone options. The Nav Firmware upgrade helps. Have you checked your version? The thread with the details on that is only a few weeks old.

·
Registered
2005 STS
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I actually did further research and found out that this is a glitch in the system. Strangely, it was working perfectly for 3 - 4 months! Also weird, if your radio is not perfectly tuned into a station, the BT mute works, if it is, you cannot even control the volume!

How much did the firmware upgrade cost you?

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
18 Posts
Your comment about mistuned stations makes me suggest a reset of the system. I haven't seen reports of that symptom in this forum. The system is never really 'off' under normal conditions, even when you leave the car. A failing battery or low-charge episode can cause weird issues, too. Try this:

Pull the Negetive battery cable, then Positive, touch together for a 3-count, attach Positive & Negative. You may have to reset the 'up' window postion afterwards, but you have rebooted the entire system. You should not lose any other settings.

If you must take it to a dealer, be prepared for blank looks. Many aren't aware there is such a thing as a firmware upgrade. You may have to be persistent. How big is your nearest Cadillac dealer? They need a special disk and GM is stingy, allowing dealers service departments only 1 free. After that I think the disk costs them over $100. It takes about an hour. They could charge around $200 and contend that it's a fair price.

If they wanted to build goodwill, they should do it for $45. My wife & I were under warranty when we had ours done. It offers noticable but minor improvements in Bluetooth, Driver Settings, Nav & VR. If you're trying to get it under warranty, claim on 'Bluetooth Connection Intermittant'.

·
Registered
2009 STS V6 Lux
146 Posts
I have found this is more of a phone issue, as you may know I sell a bluetooth interface (Galaxy 1000) for Onstar (sorry not for the STS) vehicles that use a Class 2 data bus. This exact issue happens every once in a great while, it has happened to me on a number of occasions with my Droid and my Droid X. It happens not only on my Galaxy 1000 but on my factory bluetooth in my STS. Taking the battery out of the phone and doing a complete reboot has helped for me in the past.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts