Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2005 SRX - replaced some parts, now performance problems

944 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Scorpion1 
#1 ·
I have a Cadillac 2005 SRX I replace the power steering pump the water pump and the oil housing and after I did that I go to crank it up and I have no power when I accelerate like it's not even barely moving and it takes that's like forever to get 250 and I towed it with a tow rope to the house where I replaced it so I found out that you can't do that after I done done all the work so does anybody have any ideas and I took it to a shop and it reads like all these codes and he said and declared it 12 came back it was 18 there and he said you're grounded out somewhere underneath the motor that's not allowed to give power so I just want to know does anybody know have an idea what it is before I start buying all kind of parts

I mean 50 not 250 lol

#2 ·
Welcome to CF !!! I changed your thread title to be a bit more descriptive of your problem other than simply your username.

Punctuation, please.

It would help your fellow SRX owners if you would post your found diagnostic codes and their definitions for diagnosis advice.

#4 ·
Moved from the CT6-V forum to the 1st gen SRX forum. Not sure how you ended up in the CT6-V forum, but you're much more likely to get productive responses if you post in the forum that corresponds to your model!

And I'll second Sub409's suggestion that you use some punctuation. As it is now your post is nearly incomprehensible.

#5 ·
I have a Cadillac 2005 SRX I replace the power steering pump the water pump and the oil housing and after I did that I go to crank it up and I have no power when I accelerate like it's not even barely moving and it takes that's like forever to get 250 and I towed it with a tow rope to the house where I replaced it so I found out that you can't do that after I done done all the work so does anybody have any ideas and I took it to a shop and it reads like all these codes and he said and declared it 12 came back it was 18 there and he said you're grounded out somewhere underneath the motor that's not allowed to give power so I just want to know does anybody know have an idea what it is before I start buying all kind of parts
What do mean about replacing the oil housing? That's probably from low engine compression if something is disconnected or leaking oil somewhere. Like they told you check the ground strap from the engine to the body or frame of the vehicle usually on passengers side near the wheel well under the vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.