Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 cadillac srx that cranks but won't actually start. i got it as a fix up and sell car. I did notice that it had at least a quart over on the oil level. I changed it and put in the proper level. Previous owner said it was running and died one day and never started sine then. My scan tool showed all for camshaft position sensors low circuit voltage. I verified 4.97 volts coming in to each. Tried all new 4 sensors but didnt think they would all be bad at one. Scan tool also reads the engine RPM, so i believe the crankshaft sensor is good. Still didn't start. Then tried a new ECU, still not start. Though it was a problem with low reference ( ground )on the circuit. Checked all wiring on the same circuit. Found the oil pressure sensor , sharing that low ref circuit, had oil where the connector pis are-- was thinking too much oil blew a leak in it or something. And that some cars wont start without seeing it. And also my scanner showed oil pressure with negative number and was in red. I replaced it but the car still wont start. But now the scanner shows a positive number and its black. Also the low reference must have been corrected because the CAM position sensor low voltage errors have not come back.

Verified fuel rail has pressure around what alldata showed 55 PSI. Verified one ign coil has spark but didn't pull them all.

Checked live data Engine 1 when trying to start. And noticed Maf reading shows a voltage 0 to 1. something but the actual Grams per second stays at zero. And when I tool the maf out and blew through it with an Ir hose some thing-- voltage goes up to 2 volts but the G.P.S stays at zero.

Can a bad MAF stop the car from starting ? Most cars should be in open loop computer mode and not use the MAF until warmed up. Maybe this car is different?

Anyone have any ideas ? I do see on the internet some cars may not start without the MAF working. And shouldn't I see the grams per second along with that voltage reading when I pass air over the sensor ?

The car is in really great shape for a 2005. Mo rust or dents in body. All interior is leather, all electronics work inside. Does anyone have any ideas ?

·
Registered
EU - SRX 2004 N* (with autogaz system) AWD, 7seat, trailer hitch westfalia.
297 Posts
V6 ? If yes -> Timing chain issue....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts