Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all you cad owners. im here to report ive purchased the FIRST corsa exhaust system for the v8 will also install the volant air intake system also,sooooooooooo ill keep you informed on the net performace.:histeric: :highfive:

·
Registered
2004 V8 AWD SRX
83 Posts
WAHOOOOOOO :banana: :banana:

I have been waiting for the Corsa product for two years !!!!! :banghead: :banghead: I already have the Volant intake and like it. When you get the exhaust installed please post your thoughts (power, sound, approx. cost if possible) as I am 90% sure I will be getting one.

·
Registered
srx and sts
53 Posts
I was hearing that the exhaust for the srx will be in the new catalog. I'm waiting also for your report.

·
Registered
2005 SRX N*
72 Posts
How much $ is the Corsa Exhaust, and is it a DIY bolt-on or do you have to have someone weld them on?

I had given up hope of the corsa ever being available and was prepared to go with stainless Magnaflows (which would be basically the same thing).
I have priced the magnaflows at about $200 - $250 for the mufflers, and an extra $50-100 for welding them to the stock pipes and exits. I definitely won't do it if the corsa exhaust is in the $300-400 range (installed).

Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 V8 AWD SRX
83 Posts
Any word ? I will be shocked if the Corsa system comes in under $850 for a cat back. Corsa is a good quality sustem but pricey in my opinion. If you can get Magnaflow mufflers and have them installed for under $400 and money is a top two or three priority, then the Magnaflow mufflers are the way to go. I may end up doing that myself.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the corsa exhaust system is the only one made to be correct fit( two rears w/tips) wise and noise wise. its a slip joint with clamps do it your self kit.the part # for the srx v8 --pn14158.the system is polished stainless, so beautiful i may put them on my mantel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! price around $780.i race cars got a racers shop deal. the new sounds will be heard 12/30/05 keep your ears on.by the way i got the very FIRST sysytem made, guess my persistence paid off.

·
Registered
2004 V8 AWD SRX
83 Posts
Is the Corsa system just new mufflers with a slip fit for $780 or is it an entire catback system with new over the axle pipes, etc. ? This was a picture I found ?

·
Registered
2004 V8 AWD SRX
83 Posts
I called Corsa and confirmed this product. This system is only two mufflers. It is not a full cat back system for the $800. That seems high for mufflers only :hmm:

·
Registered
2004 V8 AWD SRX
83 Posts
I found the Corsa Mufflers part# 14158 from an on line supplier for $740 with free shipping so I made the move and ordered a set last Friday. I was told I should get the mufflers in 7-10 days. More to follow once I get the system on. I hope the money spent is worth it ? At least that is what my wife told me !!!! :thepan: :thepan:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DOUG REDDING said:
hi all you cad owners. im here to report ive purchased the FIRST corsa exhaust system for the v8 will also install the volant air intake system also,sooooooooooo ill keep you informed on the net performace.:histeric: :highfive:
:cool:

:cool: well sports fans the FIRST corsa exhaust has been installed and its every thing they said it is. NO exhaust noise in normal driving. stand on it giving it the gas, a sound comes out the likes ive never heard and ive owned v12 ferraris to muscle cars. gas mil. on first trip, get ready, 27 mpg at 70-75 mph. ive now installed the volant cool air box, taking a 1000 mile trip tonight, stay tuned.:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

·
Registered
11 SRX AWD Turbo, 08 STS V8 RWD
490 Posts
Very interesting info!

Does anyone have any good photos of this installed? Would really like to see a picture.

Also, does anyone know if it would be a problem to install this on a leased car? I don't have a problem with leaving it on when returning the vehicle, but don't want to be charged for making the modification.

·
Registered
458 Posts
DOUG REDDING said:
...on first trip, get ready, 27 mpg at 70-75 mph. ive now installed the volant cool air box, taking a 1000 mile trip tonight, stay tuned.:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:
27 mpg ?? Down hill ??, tail wind of 30 mph??

At that speed the normal V8 SRX gets no more than 20-21 mpg that I have seen. The exhaust gives about a 5 hp increase (Corsa factory data). I doubt that 27 mpg at 72.5 mph is a average figure on that car with the Corsa...

SYROB

·
Registered
2005 SRX N*V8 RWD; 1999 DeVille Concours
514 Posts
I would like to see some "before Corsa" and "after Corsa" data, ie type of travel (same course if possible), distance, weather, speeds, etc. I have gotten ~24+ with my 1999 Deville Concours vs ~19-20 with my 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD (before Volant, expect to check after Volant over same LA - Las Vegas route). Think some "devine intervention" needed to get 27....but I surely would like to be convinced that Corsa did it !! Thanks for your report.

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance Sedan
44 Posts
DOUG REDDING said:

:cool: on first trip, get ready, 27 mpg at 70-75 mph. ive now installed the volant cool air box, taking a 1000 mile trip tonight, stay tuned.:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:
:wtf: oh that's right, it's a joke.:getaway:

·
Registered
2004 V8 AWD SRX
83 Posts
I picked up the ride last night after the Corsa install. The sound is almost perfect for me. ZERO interior ressonance and just enough noise level to hear a nice rumble out the back. I stepped into it a few times coming into work and it takes on a more "higher pitched/raspy" tone under hard acceleration. Maybe it is just my imagination but my Volant does not seem to be as loud now when under heavier acceleration ? :cool2: :cool2:

The quality is top shelf and the mufflers give the rear under carriage somewhat of a nice look. The tips are a nice slash cut with rolled edges. The only negative is, for me, the tips are a little to big. They fit well into the cutouts under the rear bumper but they look a little to "fart can" for my tastes, but not bad. I will take some pictures as soon as I can and try to post them....

·
Registered
05 V6 SRX4 - All options minus UV+; 08 DI CTS4 minus UV,Wood
377 Posts
this may be too far fetched, but could ne one record the sound, on idle and high revs with the corsa? id love to hear it, before i buy it, since i live in europe, its a big investment...thatll be real kool...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts