Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Aha! Okay. Here it is.. The picture I've been looking for.. This picture and description is from http://www.popularmechanics.com/cgi-bin/spy.pl?cat=det.

Here's the article:

You can readily see the dramatic changes in store for the Seville in this computer-enhanced photo. But what you can't see may be of greater importance: rear-wheel drive.Yes, the exterior is all new, and follows the theme established in recent Cadillacs such as the CTS. The badge grille, stacked headlights, vertical taillights and sharply defined character lines are part of Cadillac's latest styling theme. Beneath the sheetmetal is a chassis roughly based on the CTS and an enhanced version of the Northstar V8 driving the rear wheels. Caddy insiders tell us to look for horsepower in the 350 to 400 range for this engine and a follow-on powerplant that will be hooked up with supercharging. Exterior dimensions of the Seville are expected to be shorter and taller than the current model, another feature that runs counter to the long trend toward lower rooflines and near-the-floor seating positions.

Why shorter and taller?! I don't like this new trend! When I first saw the CTS, I thought it was a little minivan. Yes, now's it's grown on me - but I don't want all Cadillacs to be tall and short.. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
:banana:

If it's gonna look like that....OK but not too short and not much taller. Leave that look for the CTS! There's room for both

·
Registered
11 Posts
My first post here, nice site. Sorry but from that photo I just dont see the big hoopla. The fact that it will be RWD and the increase in HP would be the only reason I would be interested. Sorry but the Seville or any Cadd for that matter needs to stand out just like the Escelade and CTS for their nich, you know they are Cadillac. However I think the Seville really needs a major face lift but make it its own not a worked over CTS.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forums! Thank you for signing up.. The Seville was a lot like the Eldorado in many ways.. Had been for many years.. But now that the Eldorado is gone, I wonder what it will be like.. I hope it's nothing like the CTS.. I too want it to have its own unique style...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I thought about this and here is what I think. As I was driving around this weekend I started to notice other cars. When you see a pair of hood scoops comming at you you know it is a TA there is no mistake. The look of a Vett is unmistakable no matter what year it may be. You can spot a 57 Chevy in the middle of a mall parking lot a mile away. I guess what I would like the 05 STS to have that look. If I purchace one of these 05-06 I want a look so that in 2020 or more some kid looks at the car and says man look at that STS! I also dont want a car that if I have to finance for 5 years in 2 years I owe more than the car will book out. :cool:

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear what you're saying.. Cadillac achieved that with the Allante.. They're probably looking for just this with the XLR as well.. It would certainly be nice if the STS could have a look all its own that nobody ever forgets.. I think the Eldorado ETC kinda has this feel about it - but maybe I'm just biased. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
BeelzeBob said:
I hear what you're saying.. Cadillac achieved that with the Allante.. They're probably looking for just this with the XLR as well.. It would certainly be nice if the STS could have a look all its own that nobody ever forgets.. I think the Eldorado ETC kinda has this feel about it - but maybe I'm just biased. :p
Time will tell :) :thepan:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
SL1CK