Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
It will "fit", but unless you do some modifications the Navigation feature wont work. To get basic functionality you will need to install a gps antenna in your dash, and pull out your instrument panel and tap into the speed wire.
To get full functionality, (voice guidance, voice commands) you will need to get the proper connectors and run a set of wires to your trunk, and if you dont have a Bose system to begin with you will never get full functionality out of it, the voice guidance feature wont work.

Check the FAQ.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/navconvert/index.html

·
Registered
292 Posts
oh yeah, if you have an early '03 model with a pewter dash, it wont match. You will need to find a nav from that year, specifically a cd-rom nav.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys.

I have a late 03 model with the black dash so I'd be ok. I looked at the FAQ and I'm a little uncomfortable doing that to my car..I wonder if I could get the dealer here to do it?

I wouldn't even be considering the OEM navigation system, except for the fact that it seems it's too difficult to put in an aftermarket screen w/DVD...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Most dealers wont touch it. Its really a DIY job. Your best bet would be to try a stereo install shop, bring them the install directions/materials and see if they will do it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great...leaving my CTS with the 19 year old installers around here..I'll probably just give it a go myself.

I do kinda wish these Cadillac's were a little easier to put in aftermarket stuff...like a sub, amp, DVD screen, etc....

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Just be very careful when you tap the VSS wire behind the instrument panel. It's very small (24 gauge?) and if you cut it by accident, neither your speedo/odometer or the Nav will work. Once you get over that hump, the rest is cake. I have an '05 nav in my very early '03 right now and I can attest, it does fit and work properly.

Personally, I wouldn't trust it to an installer who doesn't have a vested interest to not screw it up. My dad always told me 'If you want it done right, do it yourself'.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last question..does anyone know the exact part number of the Navigation units? Do they differ from year to year?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Darn...there's one on Ebay right now, but the part number doesn't match. The claim is that the "Part number 28008447 is the same as GM part number 10373847." It also says it's from a 2005 CTS...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
axnguyen said:
I do kinda wish these Cadillac's were a little easier to put in aftermarket stuff...like a sub, amp, DVD screen, etc....
You will be surprised at how much a good Service Department will do for you when you get to know them. Most will go out of their way for you if you treat them right as there is always one or two in the department who are enthusiast and know where you are coming from. Threat any person in a Service Department wrong and, well,...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Shaft. Still have the 2004 NAV I bought off the LS1TECH forum but it still is missing the faceplate and controls, The seller says he thinks he has them and will send to me so I may end up with two. Maybe I'll install it in the rear seat area so I can see where I'm going and where I've been. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts