Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Red CTS-V and a Silver 2005 CTS-V
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Well, I thought I could wait until fall, but the fuel pump had other plans. I was 325 miles away from home, working in Louisville, KY this week. About a block from the hotel, the car died just like running out of fuel. No restart at all. AAA towed it to the nearest dealer a mile away. Sam Swope Cadillac. They found my keys in the morning and it started right up for them (no surprise to me).

They called me, then came and got me from the hotel. They had a pump in stock. They did the pump recall, brake hose recall, PCM flash recall, and the key recall. The car was done in four hours flat and washed. The service advisor was fantastic (Tony, and the technician (Randy) was phenomenal.

My car is only driven in the summer, so the brake hose recall really did not apply to me, but what the heck, do it.
The key modification is just an insert into the hole where the ring fits. The technician could not describe the PCM purposes, but I got 26.6 mpg at 75 mph on the trip home, with no noticeable difference in performance.

Bottom line is that, if anybody is in the Louisville area, I would highly recommend them. I steer away from dealers normally since I have my own shop, and always hear horror stories. I am impressed. They said they loved my car since everything is like new on the undercarriage. It has 167k miles on it, but looks like 10k miles. Just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
590 Posts
Had my fuel pump replaced last Thursday as PM under the recall since I had no symptoms yet. Job took most of the day and they gave me a new ATS 4WD loaner. Was glad to have my V back. I really wasn't that impressed with ATS. I wish I could have had the brake line recall done too but I apparently don't qualify being in Colorado which is BS since we have as much road salt here during the winter as most states back east. Haven't put many miles on my car since the fuel pump replacement but I did crawl underneath and the work looked ok so we shall see how it holds up.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
590 Posts
Talked to dealer today, and he said, "no loaner." Bought my wife's 2012 SRX there for $53k cash.

Won't be going back there.
Bought my 2004 V new at the dealer who did the fuel pump recall. They have changed their name since (now John Elway Cadillac) but have the same people as before. Always do top notch warranty/recall work. Told them before the recall that I might be interested in the ATS V when it arrives. However, after driving the 2 liter turbo I have decided it's interior is too small. Plus I HATE turbo lag, and the ATS V will be no different in that respect than the new BMW M3/M4 turbo which I have driven. I'll save up for the supercharged V3.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Talked to dealer today, and he said, "no loaner." Bought my wife's 2012 SRX there for $53k cash.

Won't be going back there.
Where did you take it Randy?

I just turned my into Crestview Cadillac. they also gave me an ATS4 2.0T. I am also not impressed with this vehicle. They have had it now for 1.5 days....wonder what is taking so long....

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
PCM flash recall
Flash recall? Did that have to do with the stall/recall? I told them not reflash anything!!!

They have had it now for 1.5 days....wonder what is taking so long....
Took mine to Lunghamer Buick in Waterford on 59. They had it for 2 nights, not a big deal. All is well...I paid to have my pump replaced last year since it left me. Looks like I'm getting reimbursed.

·
Registered
237 Posts
just got my car back. They had it for 2 days. everything looks ok but I haven't put it on the lift to take a close look.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do not know what the flash was for, but the fuel millage jumped 1.5 mpg on the way home. No regrets since the car is basically stock except exhaust and CAI.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,975 Posts
Novi Cadillac. Just lost our business, too. We buy and keep our vehicles for 8-9 years then buy another. Not going back.
So, I went to a different dealer today, Suburban Cadillac in Plymouth (actually the one that replaced my diffs years ago), and said no problem. He has to get parts, was familiar with the job as were his mechanics, and will provide a loaner, so I scheduled it for June 2nd.

Hooray!

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
325 Posts
How big of a job is this? I'm not sure I'm very confident in the local dealer to do this work. I thought I read somewhere that the rear cradle has to come out, is this true and if so is there any other thing that should be changed out at the same time?

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,975 Posts
How big of a job is this? I'm not sure I'm very confident in the local dealer to do this work. I thought I read somewhere that the rear cradle has to come out, is this true and if so is there any other thing that should be changed out at the same time?
As I understand it, the rear cradle only has to be lowered barely enough to wiggle the fuel tank out in order to replace the fuel pump and a harness. Takes most of a day and might extend a bit into the next depending on the dealer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Swope Cadillac in Louisville only took a bit over 4 hours to do all four recalls. The tech that performed the work was also their XLR expert. Nice guy, showed me everything while they were doing it.
Taking my other V down next week for the same work.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
133 Posts
Took my 2005 CTS-V to Bill Walsh Cadillac, Ottawa, IL yesterday. They were only able to get the brake hoses and keys done, 2.5 hours labor. I have an appointment to return next week for the fuel pump and harness, 6.5 hours labor. They are giving me a loner car that day. I do not know if they have done one of these jobs yet. zoz

·
Registered
05 v Black Raven
27 Posts
Had my fuel pump module replaced along with the front brake lines, Dealer had a brand new CTS-4 as a loaner set up.
Dropped my car off @ 7:00 am and they called at 5:00pm that it was done,
They could not believe the condition (the tech said he enjoyed working on my car and asked to work on it when he first saw it (cool)) My car was treated it like it was still new.
They even left it parked inside as to not sit in the sun and get dirty.
I have to say they did an excellent job, did not find any marks or damage to car/wheels

Bergstrom Neenah ROCKS

·
Registered
2004 CTS V
167 Posts
As I understand it, the rear cradle only has to be lowered barely enough to wiggle the fuel tank out in order to replace the fuel pump and a harness.
This will all come down to how anal you are about your car. The above procedure requires the mechanic to PRY the fuel tank out of the cradle and out of the tank straps. This stretches and deforms the straps and often scars the plastic on the tank itself. The result is cosmetic only.... so it all depends on your level of acceptance .

Two men and a two-by-four is what my dealership used for this procedure (they told me!) - so I provided them Trap Door access beneath the rear seat instead. My undercarriage is still VIRGIN .

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
3 Posts
Bottom line is that, if anybody is in the Louisville area, I would highly recommend them. I steer away from dealers normally since I have my own shop, and always hear horror stories. I am impressed. They said they loved my car since everything is like new on the undercarriage. It has 167k miles on it, but looks like 10k miles. Just my .02 worth.
Glad to hear it, I live in Louisville and will be taking my V there for service/recall work now!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts