Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm currently looking at used 2005 ESV, and after starting it, it idled rough for about a minute. The man selling it said it was a computer feature so the car and heat/A/C would get to optimal temperatures before driving the car. The seller owns his own autobody, and is restoring cars, but I wanted to see if that was a feature or if the model had some problems.
Thanks

I’m currently looking at a 2005 ESV, and when we started it up, it idled rough for about a minute. It was around 60 degrees out. The owner said it’s a computer feature so the car/engine/heater can reach optimal temperature before driving. Is this a thing?
Thanks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,995 Posts
Welcome to CF !!! Your identical posts have been merged into the correct ESV forum.

A correctly maintained/running engine will NOT "run rough" during the initial fast idle sequence.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to CF !!! Your identical posts have been merged into the correct ESV forum.

A correctly maintained/running engine will NOT "run rough" during the initial fast idle sequence.
The ESV I’m looking at has 80k on the odometer and was owned by an older woman. Could I be mistaking the fast idle cycle for it sounding rough?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade ESC AWD
15 Posts
agree with above posts, at operating temperature engine should idle around 500 rpm, and at cold start on a winter day should be around 1000 rpm. Maybe sometimes there is a slight vibration but that usually goes away within 10-20 seconds. Would definitely check the history on engine oil changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts