Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Escallade ESV Plat., '16 Z51 Corvette, '03 Avalanche, 12 Lexus IS350C
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard a grinding noise from my brakes today, so I took a look.
They are pretty bad and only about 3 years old.
Looks like I'll need new rotors and pads.
I'm looking at the PowerStop K2015 with Z23 pads or the K2015-36 with Z36 pads.

Any other thoughts on rotors and pads?

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
82 Posts
I just installed the Z23 with rotor (non drilled) kit in the rear for mine (RockAuto). The do bite a bit more and the bed in procedure is pretty simple. I was bouncing between the Z23s and Z36s but I do zero towing and felt the trade off for less dust was a better option for me but I also don't have the ESV. I live in the rust belt here in Chicago so most of my time was spent cleaning/lubing up the slide pins and cleaning up all the rust behind the hardware. They are smooth as can be and I feel a noticeable increase in stopping power. The hardware was outstanding and did not feel cheap and flimsy like I have seen before with some of the over the counter pads. Only had them for a few weeks with no issues so far. On a side note, this is the first truck I have had where the backs wore out well before the fronts. At time of change the fronts had just over 4mm and the rears just under 3mm left. I will be going with the same for the fronts sometime next year if these hold up well through the winter.

Good Luck

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the Set up with the Z36, so we'll see how they do.
It's starting to be one thing after another with our cars though.
My '16 Vette has a bad tensioner.
My Wife's '12 Lexus has a leaking head gasket. (Very slow, so I'm keeping an eye on it until I finish building the new garage.)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the brakes installed. Seem to be very nice.
My old brakes were toast.
Job went very smooth with ho hangups which was nice.
The hardware seems to all be very good quality.
They give you new boots for the guide pins.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,140 Posts
I bought the Set up with the Z36, so we'll see how they do.
It's starting to be one thing after another with our cars though.
My '16 Vette has a bad tensioner.
My Wife's '12 Lexus has a leaking head gasket. (Very slow, so I'm keeping an eye on it until I finish building the new garage.)
Powerstop makes some good brake products from what I read. I will be upgrading my wife's 2011 Lexus RX350 AWD with some Powerstop truck pads soon.

I feel your pain about servicing used cars. My wife's Lexus have needed some work lately as well. Transmission fluid/filter change. Rear Differential/Transfer-case oil change. Spark plugs and brake pads/rotors on the list to be done since the SUV just hit a bit over 100k miles. The Lexus did surprise me with a bad rear power lift gate motor that I replaced myself a month ago.

You guys pretty much know how the Caddy has been holding up through my post in this forum. Used cars are not cheap to maintain like many people seem to believe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts