Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if there is already a thread about this but I'm not having luck finding one. I have a 2005 Escalade EXT. My mirrors do not fold in or out. When I press the button left or right, the glass will move, but the mirrors don't fold. I don't hear any noises like a motor attempting to do anything. Where should I start with this? Is there a fuse I can try replacing or is this most likely a bad motor? I'm assuming the motor that moves the glass is different than the one that folds the mirrors? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,151 Posts
If only the glass moves, the mirror selector switch needs to be in the center position and press the right side of the mirror control for a short while and the mirrors should fold. Left side unfolds.

·
Registered
'05 ESV Platinum, 250,000 still looking fine, really fine!
1,147 Posts
Also, with the right/left mirror button in the middle position. Hand fold your mirrors to the "folded" position. Push the left arrow button on the mirror direction button. The mirrors should "unfold" to correct position.

I tend to fold my mirrors in when I park anywhere than my drive. Sometimes when the mirrors unfold they don't lock in to the correct operating system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the selector in the middle (illuminated orange)...when I press left or right, the mirrors do some sort of automatic adjustment, but they do not fold

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow!! Okay so I folded them in manually, then pushed left and they folded out, seemed to get stuck then made a pop noise, then they don't fold in. If I manually fold them in, they'll fold out when I press left and do the same thing. Any ideas? Thanks for the responses!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
With the selector in the middle (illuminated orange)...when I press left or right, the mirrors do some sort of automatic adjustment, but they do not fold
See post #3

----------

Wow!! Okay so I folded them in manually, then pushed left and they folded out, seemed to get stuck then made a pop noise, then they don't fold in. If I manually fold them in, they'll fold out when I press left and do the same thing. Any ideas? Thanks for the responses!
The "POP" noise is the mirror locking into the open position. Listen closely, do both mirrors "pop"? If only one pops the problem lies with the other nonpopping mirror.

Side note. Sometimes mine take several times of hand folding in, then depressing button open to get them both to lock in. Then they operate correctly after that. Its a nuisance but I can live with this little quirk.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I manually fold them both in, I press left with the switch in the middle position, they will fold out and stop. If I press and hold down left I can hear the motor working and then they both pop into place (they don't do this the first time I press left). However, when I press right they don't fold in, I don't hear anything except the mirrors moving. I tried this 3 times and I still cannot get them to fold in. Not sure what to try next

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2005 Escalade EXT. My mirrors do not fold in or out. When I press the button left or right,

When you put it in reverse the mirrors auto move to a preset preference, when you put it in park the mirrors fold in.... not sure this helps but could be a simple program issue I LOVE THIS FEATURE!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Have you tried to manually move both mirrors in and then push the "open" button? I am curious if the mirrors will open.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts