Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my oil pressure drop to 0 the warning displayed "No Oil Pressure" and audible chime sounded . Pull over shut it off check the level all fine start it up back up to normal 40 lbs at idle . I'll make this short this problem was intermittent for the next couple weeks, there was never any valve tappet chatter or engine knock , I had replaced the oil sending unit two years prior because the gauge was pegging out at max 80+ lbs. that solved the problem then and what do you know I replaced it again and it solved the problem again. I went on the forums read everyone's do this and that's, oil pump siphon tube, cam bearings, servos, get your oil analyzed and in the end it's the simple things. The 40 dollar sending unit. My wife was freaking out thinking the motor was going to blow I told her if you really loose oil pressure your motor will let you know because it will start to chatter, then knock then it's over. I hope this helps and you don't go through hell trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,392 Posts
I used a replacement AC/Delco oil pressure sensor and it have been working fine for over two years now. I read that some of the cheaper aftermarket units fail much sooner than the AC/Delco units.

·
Registered
Escalade
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point I would advise anyone to use the AC Delco also I used the aftermarket BWD sold by Advance Auto which I used again because I got it free this time under the "life time warranty" but if your not a DIY definitely go with the AC Delco factory parts.
I learned my lesson on this with the front hubs which the aftermarket ones wore out soon after the warranty had expired.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,392 Posts
Good point I would advise anyone to use the AC Delco also I used the aftermarket BWD sold by Advance Auto which I used again because I got it free this time under the "life time warranty" but if your not a DIY definitely go with the AC Delco factory parts.
I learned my lesson on this with the front hubs which the aftermarket ones wore out soon after the warranty had expired.
I have use a few BWD sensors over the years on a couple cars namely from Infiniti and Nissan purchased from Advance Auto Parts. However, I only purchased BWD crank sensors never an BWD oil sensor. The BWD crank sensors seem to last a while. AC/Delco seem to be the best way to go for long lasting parts for our Escalades.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts