Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone 馃憢. I own 2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS. I purchased it at auction.
when I brought it home I tried to crank the engine with the key in the ignition and it would not crank. It was -40 degrees at that time. Charge the battery put it back in the car all lights lit up and when I crank it everything dimmed out and the security light started flashing like crazy.
Prior to the purchase the car was in a front-end wreck the airbags deployed the dashboard popped out the hood, headlight and the bumper and reinforcement bar was damaged

Note: only came with one key pk-3
It was factory equipment w/ the OnStar module that was missing when I purchase the car

Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
Probably a stolen car and the security system is enabled - which disables ignition and lots of other stuff.. You'll need a GOOD dealership or autosound shop to get the car "unlocked".

Should be 3 keys (2 black, one gray) and 2 fobs. Read the owner's manual - if it's still in the glove box.

Let's move this from the very quiet Audio/Video/Security forum up to the active Deville forum. Welcome Aboard !!!

Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
STEP #1 - ALWAYS - check for DTC's - Diagnostic Trouble Codes - using the on-board scanner -
if you don't know how - go here -

post any codes you have -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

include whether they are C-Current or H-History -

for code definitions - go here -

here is a how-to video -

========================

the anti-theft system is activated and deactivated when the doors are locked/unlocked using the fob -

locking and unlocking the drivers door from the outside using the key should do the same thing -

if that doesn't work -
it's going to take a VERY knowledgeable and PATIENT mechanic
with the FSM - Factory Service Manual - and a TECH2 scan tool to solve the problem -

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Probably a stolen car and the security system is enabled - which disables ignition and lots of other stuff.. You'll need a GOOD dealership or autosound shop to get the car "unlocked".

Should be 3 keys (2 black, one gray) and 2 fobs. Read the owner's manual - if it's still in the glove box.

Let's move this from the very quiet Audio/Video/Security forum up to the active Deville forum. Welcome Aboard !!!

The car is not stolen I purchased it at a auction for 50 bucks. when I got it, it had a dead battery. And it only came with one key. And I have no codes. Scanned it like 2 months ago and Nothing came up. The car does start and run for like 3 seconds when you manually click the starter relay under the hood

Administrator
There are reasons - none good - why the car was sold at auction.

I have a Maryland used car dealer license and regularly attend the auctions in Manheim, PA.

Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
I'd like to go with you there sometime ! I went to one on a Saturday a few years ago in New Hampshire. It was a eye opening experience on who buys these cars.

Steve

Administrator
It's a long way from Pittsburgh to Manheim (just above Lancaster) ................ it is open to the public for tire kicking.

Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
The car is not stolen I purchased it at a auction for 50 bucks. when I got it, it had a dead battery. And it only came with one key. And I have no codes. Scanned it like 2 months ago and Nothing came up. The car does start and run for like 3 seconds when you manually click the starter relay under the hood
curious to find out how you know for sure the car wasn't stolen?

========================
The car is not stolen I purchased it at a auction for 50 bucks.
the point being the car was a STOLEN/RECOVERY car - that was sold at auction -
not that you directly bought a stolen car -

Registered
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
curious to find out how you know for sure the car wasn't stolen?
When you win a car at auction it always States why the car was sold. and theft wasn't one of them it even says on the bill of sale. But again everybody has their own side of the story.

When you win a car at auction it always States why the car was sold. and theft wasn't one of them it even says on the bill of sale. But again everybody has their own side of the story.
====================
so - what was the STATED reason for selling this 2005 DTS that you got for $50?

scrap value for that car is around $250 -

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
========================
========================
But again everybody has their side of the story
====================
so - what was the STATED reason for selling this 2005 DTS that you got for $50?

scrap value for that car is around $250 -
no thanks I already patched everything up the hood bumper the lights. all I need is the air bags and the window it's only got a hundred thirteen thousand miles on it. All leather

1 - 12 of 12 Posts