Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 DTS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all,

It's time to replace the front struts on my 2005 Deville DTS as they were blown. I ordered a set of KYB Struts traditional passive style. I didn't realize that my Deville had Electronic Leveling in the front, though I knew it have air/leveling in the back. As you can imagine, my surprise when I removed the original factory strut and found the electronics for the leveling. I know there is a DIY resistor that can be looped into the system to "fool" the electronic monitoring to prevent the error message/code. On to my question.

What type of resistor do I use for a 2005 model Deville DTS?
(none of the posts on my search specifically referred to a 2005 model so I'm not sure if the systems are different. But I didn't check.)

Once I know I can mount the new KYB struts and finish the car. Thank you!

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium w/1SD | 1999 Deville Base (RIP @179K Miles)
404 Posts
The DTS does not have level control in the front, only in the rear. The connector you found is for the active front shocks. That connector goes into the shock and controls the stiffness of the shock electronically.

You'll need a 4.7K ohm 1/2 Watt resistor (4,700 ohms), RadioShack sells a pack of 5 for a few dollars.

·
Registered
2005 DTS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
The better way to install the resistors IS on the pigtail you create by cutting the wire off of the strut, using butt connectors and heat shrink tubing.

If you want to find the connector, just follow the wires to it.

·
Registered
2005 DTS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to close this out. The repair worked out perfectly. Thank you all for the assistance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts