Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 & 86 D'Elegance:86 Brougham:96, 02, 04, 05 Deville
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Deville and need some advice. My old car is a 1996 Deville and it has a 12 disc changer in the trunk. I would like to put that in my 2005, is that possible? The '05 does not have a cassette, but it does have the '1-6' button. I tried hooking the changer up to the prewire behind the glovebox and it get's power because it goes through checking all the CD's, but the radio doesn't recognize the player (no indicator on the face of the radio, no buttons activate the changer)

Also, I wanted to know if I could add memory seats to the car. I looked under the seat and it appears the car is prewired so I was thinking all I needed was the two modules that mount under the seat and the buttons on the door panel. Will the computer automatically recognize the additional modules or will I need anything else?

And, I just noticed, but I don't have the power door lock buttons on my back doors, I thought this was a standard Cadillac feature since 1987!!??!! Is it probable the back doors are prewired and I just need new panels with buttons?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
From the lack of Memory Recall, I'm assuming that your Deville is a base model and neither a DH/TS... As well as the base sound system?

Anyway, as far as I know... The '05 was only ever designed to work with a glovebox mounted, 6-disc changer - which is probably why your headunit isn't recognizing the 12-disc changer from your '96. If you can locate a 6-CDX from a local junk yard or eBay, then you'll probably be able to get that to work... I believe the Devilles used the same model changer as those in the later model Sevilles - the only difference being that mine is mounted in the center console, not the glovebox.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts