Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Deville
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
OK, I'm baaaaack.
Replaced three door actuators, two on drivers side, one on pass. side. Clicking is gone and air seems to be discharged in the appropriate places and at the correct temps, mommy is happy to have cool air back on her side. Cleared the previous codes and went for a drive. As I discovered earlier in this thread, I don't copy well in a hurry.
So the only codes left are: IPM B0249 - Heater/Defrost/AC Door Range Error.
RFA B3109 - I couldn't find B3109, but there is a B3108 that says "DTC B3108 Transmitter Synchronization Failure".
Both codes are current. There are no other codes, current or History.
I'm wondering if one of the door actuators didn't go in exactly right, but it seems to be working ok.

But, back to the original reason for this thread: Still have an intermittent miss. Anybody got some spare C-4?
I am stuck.

Thanks,
Jake

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Deville
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here I go again. I have all the previous codes cleared. And i still have a miss.
I have:
Replaced cat and O2 sensors (all) intake gaskets, plugs, PCV line, injector O-rings, top and bottom, air filter, plenum boot, TB gaskets. Cleaned TB and ISC.
I still have a miss. It's not only at idle, you can feel it miss at WOT at redline just before it shifts. This is a steady miss. The SES light starts flashing and stops flashing after about 20 - 30 seconds, sometimes sooner than others. I have done the WOT "cleaning" routine suggested by that GM engineer in the NorthStar write-up several times. The SES light flashes every time. It never sets a code. I don't normally revert to cussing, but, what the hell, I'm more than stumped. I think I'm down to replacing the coils. I was looking at Rockauto for coils. They have singles, and sets of 4. My car has individual coils (8). Does that Tell me anything? Has my ignition been updated? Does anyone have something I can try? Please?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,658 Posts
Here I go again. I have all the previous codes cleared. And i still have a miss.
I have:
Replaced cat and O2 sensors (all) intake gaskets, plugs, PCV line, injector O-rings, top and bottom, air filter, plenum boot, TB gaskets. Cleaned TB and ISC.
I still have a miss. It's not only at idle, you can feel it miss at WOT at redline just before it shifts. This is a steady miss. The SES light starts flashing and stops flashing after about 20 - 30 seconds, sometimes sooner than others. I have done the WOT "cleaning" routine suggested by that GM engineer in the NorthStar write-up several times. The SES light flashes every time. It never sets a code. I don't normally revert to cussing, but, what the hell, I'm more than stumped. I think I'm down to replacing the coils. I was looking at Rockauto for coils. They have singles, and sets of 4. My car has individual coils (8). Does that Tell me anything? Has my ignition been updated? Does anyone have something I can try? Please?
=====================
it's hard to believe that you can get a flashing SES light -
but no codes are stored - VERY strange -

just want to verify that you are using the on-board scanner to pull codes -

YES - the problem COULD be faulty coils -
failing at the "extreme" - high RPM - maximum power output -
unfortunately - there is no easy way to test the coils without the TECH2 scan tool -
and I HATE just throwing parts at a problem and HOPING something works -

the ORIGINAL coil PACK is a set of four individual coils grouped together -
you can NOT replace single coils -
with the "updated" design - you CAN replace single coils -

FUEL delivery is also a possibility - and there ARE some tests that you can perform -

fuel pressure test -
connect a fuel pressure gauge at the fuel rail
with a long enough hose so you can observe the gauge while driving -

test the fuel injectors -
use an OHM meter and measure the resistance of each injector -
they MUST be almost identical -

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Deville
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
=====================
it's hard to believe that you can get a flashing SES light - but no codes are stored - VERY strange -

YES - the problem COULD be faulty coils -
failing at the "extreme" - high RPM - maximum power output -
unfortunately - there is no easy way to test the coils without the TECH2 scan tool -
and I HATE just throwing parts at a problem and HOPING something works -

FUEL delivery is also a possibility - and there ARE some tests that you can perform -

fuel pressure test -
connect a fuel pressure gauge at the fuel rail
with a long enough hose so you can observe the gauge while driving -

test the fuel injectors -
use an OHM meter and measure the resistance of each injector -
they MUST be almost identical -

I promise, Basscat. I haven't yet, and never intend to lie to you. SES without codes is part of this mess that confuses me.
I will OHM out the coils and check the fuel pressure and see where that leads.
Thank you for your time, and I will keep the post updated as I have news.
Jake

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,076 Posts
Sounds like you have replaced everything BUT the coils. You might try replacing one at a time with a new or even a used one from the Men's Mall. Test drive it after each replacement until (and if) the misfire goes away.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,374 Posts
You spaced the text and quote together. Fixed.

No real need to insert quotes in an active thread with several recent posts.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,658 Posts
I promise, Basscat. I haven't yet, and never intend to lie to you. SES without codes is part of this mess that confuses me.
I will OHM out the coils and check the fuel pressure and see where that leads.
Thank you for your time, and I will keep the post updated as I have news.
Jake
=====================
I will OHM out the coils
nearly impossible to do - and inconclusive at best -

measuring the resistance of the FUEL INJECTORS is relatively easy - and WELL worth the effort -

like Ranger suggested -
you might consider buying ONE set of coils and installing it on the easy - front side -
if that doesn't change the issue -
reinstall the original coil set - cross your fingers - and replace the rear set -

21 - 31 of 31 Posts