Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Deville
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Deville has 52,000 miles on it; a Florida car that we only use for a few months out of every year. (Usually January through April, or so.)
We do the usual; routine oil changes, checking brakes, good tires, alignments, etc.
At our last shop visit we were told we should have a Fuel System Tune-up which would include $22.50 for 3 step fuel cleaner and $88.00 For the fuel saver tuneup labor.
The car is running smoothly and averages about 21 mpg combined around town and longer trips.
I'm thinking this may be a waste of money but since I'm not all that familiar with the car or the offered tune-up I thought it best to ask rather than to guess.
Should I pass on this, or at 52000 + miles is this something I'm due for and should really have done?
Thanks,
Rob

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,041 Posts
If you get the urge to feel warm and fuzzy, run a Top Tier gasoline and once a year run a 20 ounce bottle of Chevron TECHRON with a gasoline fill-up.

Google them - top tier and chevron techron.

If the car sits for that length of time you might consider getting your next oil/filter change immediately after you pull off the highway after a 2 hour run: All the nasties are then churned up and in suspension in the oil and will drain out with the change.

·
Registered
2005 Deville
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Submariner409
Thanks for the response. Makes a lot of sense. Especially like the advice on the oil change and may try the chevron techron as well.
Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts