Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering becoming a proud member of the Cadillac Owners club..! There's a 2005 DeVille DTS that I have my eye on.. cosmetically its in great shape.. privately used... however has close to 100,000 miles on it. If it was you, would you buy? and if so, what would you do to get it mechanically (back) into tip-top shape? Price is fair and CarFax checks out OK... I have not approached the seller yet, so lets assume no maintenance records and perhaps no history either.. any thoughts welcomed..! thank you

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Hmm, thats a bit much for my tastes. Id only take it if the coolant was changed once already, even though its technically not due until 2009. I just dont take chances with that.

Either way, price needs to be spectacularly cheap, Im talkin like 8500 or less.

·
Registered
2008 DTS Lux III
587 Posts
Yeah, agree with that. What did he drive, 50K a year? That's a ton of abuse. I'd have it checked out every which way.

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
Chances are the previous owner did a shit load of highway driving, thats really the only way to rack up those miles, unless it was a livery (airport taxi) car, if it was run away from it. I haven't heard of too many 05's with headgasket issues. But since it does have close to 100K take it to a mechanic before you buy it, it saves you sooo many headaches. It will probably be time to do alot of routine maintianence and replace some parts. The repair bill for devilles is usually double what it would be on an average car. If the mechanic gives you a clean bill of health and you can get the car for around 8K go ffor it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts