Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2005 Deville with a clean title but I suspect the car was in some type of accident. The driver side view mirror was stuck in night time mode (dim) and the turn signals weren't working. I replaced the turn signal fuse and everything except the driver side LED arrow workied. This lasted about a week and the fuse blew again. I decided to get a replacement mirror off of eBay, replaced the fuse and plugged the new mirror in checking to see if it worked (it didn't) before putting the mirror back in the housing. The right side arrow works and the rest of the left side turn signal lights work fine. Any ideas?

·
2004 Deville base
'05 SRX N*/AWD, Vetts/Birds/Trucks
389 Posts
Possibly a broken wire, it happens often in '00-'05's.
Check at the door and the chassis penetrations.
Very common for a wire to break right where it meets the connector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll check it out. I've been meaning to bring the car to my mechanic and give it "the once over". If I can't find the problem I'm sure he will..

·
2004 Deville
2004 Deville, Silver, Gone, but not forgotten, 1972 Eldorado, 1974 eldorado, 1975 CDV
619 Posts
I just repaired this same issue in my 04, the wire that feeds the led in the mirror was broken, not at the connector but inside the door harness itself, had to run a new wire from the door harness connector to the mirror led connector and now it works again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts