Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Deville base
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just recently got a dash cam and realized it can’t turn itself off due to my cigar lighters always being on. I looked up and did some research finding that if I set fuse 22 and 23 in the inner position of the Underhood EBC, they will run on the RAP feature, and will turn off after 10 minutes. I’ve done that, but now none of my cigar lighters will work. Any help?

·
Registered
2005 DeVille DHS
77 Posts
My 2005 does the same thing. Been there, found out as well.

Unfortunately they seem to have canceled this feature in the 2005 model year and didn't bother to update the documentation.
There is no RAP relay anymore that provided the feature in the earlier model years; the RAP functionality seems now to be implemented via bus messages (which for example tell the radio to turn off after 10 minutes etc.).
The power outlets on the other hand are "dumb" devices, directly connected to the battery without additional intelligence. Therefore, no RAP anymore.

·
Registered
2005 Deville base
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2005 does the same thing. Been there, found out as well.

Unfortunately they seem to have canceled this feature in the 2005 model year and didn't bother to update the documentation.
There is no RAP relay anymore that provided the feature in the earlier model years; the RAP functionality seems now to be implemented via bus messages (which for example tell the radio to turn off after 10 minutes etc.).
The power outlets on the other hand are "dumb" devices, directly connected to the battery without additional intelligence. Therefore, no RAP anymore.
Wow. That sucks. Well, you saved me a trip to the dealers and saved my mentality. But now I still have the unresolved issue of my dashcam running continually, draining the battery. Do you think if I plugged a hub into it, plugging my FM transmitter, my phone , and my dashcam into it, would It blow the fuse? I would be So much easier having to only disconnect one charger instead of having to disconnect three

1 - 4 of 4 Posts