Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
We'll here it is my car still says command no recognized the stereo Changes stations also jumps to am then none of the windows work unless you run them from the drivers switches. What's the deal anyone Help????
Well here it is. My car still says "command not recognized" and the stereo changes stations and jumps to AM. None of the windows work unless you run them from the driver's switches. What's the deal? Can anyone help me?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,110 Posts
(1) If you want people to click on your thread to offer you help, you need to use a threat title that actually says something. I changed it from "2005 ctsc" to "2005 CTS-V", so at least it's correct now, but that still doesn't tell anyone what your thread is about. If they don't know what the thread is about, they're less likely to be inclined to open it.

(2) I would have changed the thread title to something more helpful, but this...
We'll here it is my car still says command no recognized the stereo Chandra stations and jumps to am and last none of the windows work unless run from the drivers switches. What's the deal anyone Help????
... is so incomprehensible that I have no idea what you're asking for help with.

Help us to help you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problems with my 05 CTS-V HELP NEEDED

My 05 CTS-V has been saying command not recognized the the radio went to jumping around from station to station and even to AM stations, on top of you can not work any windows from the doors they are at but they all work from the drives switches. Yes the drive main control switch is on to allow operation from the other door and I checked the stereo setting. Starting to wonder if the problems are in the stereo since it's like a brain for the entire car. Any other ideas?????

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,110 Posts
My car still says "command not recognized" and the stereo changes stations and jumps to AM.
Where does the "command not recognized" message come up, and when does it come up? As soon as you turn the car on? If you press certain buttons?

And you say that your car still gives you that message; "still" implies that this has been discussed before, so is there another thread about this that might give us some more history?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AAIIIC said:
Where does the "command not recognized" message come up, and when does it come up? As soon as you turn the car on? If you press certain buttons? And you say that your car still gives you that message; "still" implies that this has been discussed before, so is there another thread about this that might give us some more history?
. After I start the car it starts saying it right away when I speak out no command it the tells me invalid command and yes I had said it on here before but no comments where made not sure if I had posted it wrong or what because I haven't done much on this sight still getting use to it. It says command not recognized through the stereo system

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
The power window system operates independently of the radio. The problem with windows lies in the door switches, the door integration modules, or the wire/ground/connectors thereto. I am thoroughly confused about the radio problem - my radio does not involve verbal commands, and I have never seen a message about commands on the screen.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
darkman said:
The power window system operates independently of the radio. The problem with windows lies in the door switches, the door integration modules, or the wire/ground/connectors thereto. I am thoroughly confused about the radio problem - my radio does not involve verbal commands, and I have never seen a message about commands on the screen.
. Yep the stereo volume will turn its self down as the womanly voice comes through the speaker system in the 05 that I seem to have in the stereo system you can go into setting and I it has an on off option for the passenger windows and according to the book you can change the setting for them as to if you want them to work which is in the owners manual But I find it odd you guys haven't seen or heard of that I would think they would be different unless they changed in late 05 which I need to check the month on mine also mine has a the stereo replaced by the dealer for problems before not long after it came out according to CARFAX

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
The womanly voice thing sounds like OnStar, which does turn down the radio to substitute telephone conversation. The OnStar voice requests phone number (verbal) to complete the call. And yes there is a feature in the personalization program of the Dash Information Center that allows you to turn off passenger access to window control.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
darkman said:
The womanly voice thing sounds like OnStar, which does turn down the radio to substitute telephone conversation. The OnStar voice requests phone number (verbal) to complete the call. And yes there is a feature in the personalization program of the Dash Information Center that allows you to turn off passenger access to window control.
yes if I push the OnStar button I do get the telephone stuff but I don't have it active. I have decided to take it to the local deal as soon as this snow crap stops, it doesn't come out of the garage durning this type of weather. My wife's brother works at the dealer so I will keep you posted when I get it in as to what the deal is...

·
Registered
Silver V1...mods to come
14 Posts
camoking said:
yes if I push the OnStar button I do get the telephone stuff but I don't have it active. I have decided to take it to the local deal as soon as this snow crap stops, it doesn't come out of the garage durning this type of weather. My wife's brother works at the dealer so I will keep you posted when I get it in as to what the deal is...
Does the voice thing happen from the steering wheel stereo controls? Mine did this after the dealer replaced my stereo unit under warranty and didn't properly code it for a 2006 Cts-V with the tech2, it thought it was in an 04 with the different button layout on the steering wheel. Once coded properly all of the buttons went back to normal. The windows sound like the window lock is on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
spin2nd said:
Does the voice thing happen from the steering wheel stereo controls? Mine did this after the dealer replaced my stereo unit under warranty and didn't properly code it for a 2006 Cts-V with the tech2, it thought it was in an 04 with the different button layout on the steering wheel. Once coded properly all of the buttons went back to normal. The windows sound like the window lock is on.
one would think the window lock was on but its not I have tested it and sometimes if you roll the rear window on drivers side down from drivers door you can roll it back up with the control at the rear door but not down again drive a guy crazy. But at one point in time the was a bad relay under the hood that caused the batt to drain. From some other stuff I was reading the windows could need reprogrammed so I tried that but I'm not sure if I did that right or not however that is when I was able to start rolling the one back up at the drivers side rear door......

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
Water under the carpet, rear passenger floor pan, stopped all 4 of my windows from working at the same time.

Happened when I started the car after fueling up, car was on a incline.

You check for water yet?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
shadybx7 said:
Water under the carpet, rear passenger floor pan, stopped all 4 of my windows from working at the same time. Happened when I started the car after fueling up, car was on a incline. You check for water yet?
. No water in the car it is always parked inside and hand washed. I have also pulled rear seat and checked for a bad fuse. The car is going to the dealer 2marrow..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts