Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 CTS-V that is leaking from the sunroof. I've cleaned out the drain lines.The gasket seems worn and when I tried to re-adjust the sunroof for better fitment, I think the plastic track guide on the passenger side broke. I can't seem to find the part or part number for either one. Anyone have a good source out there? I can attach photos if needed.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
7,852 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing pics.

Just to clarify, what do you mean when you say "gasket"? Are you talking about the rubber seal that runs around the glass itself? I don't see any indication that GM sold that separately, but maybe an aftermarket glass shop would have something?

I hope I'm not running into the same thing. For a while I've had some issues with moisture in the car, fogging up in the inside of the windows. I then had indications of water on the passenger rear of the headliner and the passenger side C-pillar / sail panel. Took things apart and didn't really see an issue with the sunroof drains, but I cleaned them all out. I haven't put everything back together yet, but after sitting through some rainy days, I'm seeing the windshield and back window fogging up on the inside again. :(

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be interested in seeing pics.

Just to clarify, what do you mean when you say "gasket"? Are you talking about the rubber seal that runs around the glass itself? I don't see any indication that GM sold that separately, but maybe an aftermarket glass shop would have something?

I hope I'm not running into the same thing. For a while I've had some issues with moisture in the car, fogging up in the inside of the windows. I then had indications of water on the passenger rear of the headliner and the passenger side C-pillar / sail panel. Took things apart and didn't really see an issue with the sunroof drains, but I cleaned them all out. I haven't put everything back together yet, but after sitting through some rainy days, I'm seeing the windshield and back window fogging up on the inside again. :(
Yes, sorry, gasket probably wasn't the best word to use. The rubber seal has a tiny tear in it. Also, I can't seem to get the sunroof to line up properly with the roof using the alignment screws in the 4 corners.

That's exactly what mine is doing (windows fogging / back seats damp after rain). I actually dropped the headliner and had someone slowly run water over the roof while I sat inside observing. I understand that the sunroof is going to leak a little, but this was so much the drain and "rain rails" couldn't keep up and would leak down the side of the C-pillar on both sides, therefore getting the seat wet.

I'll check some glass shops later this week, that's a good idea.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
7,852 Posts
Took things apart and didn't really see an issue with the sunroof drains, but I cleaned them all out. I haven't put everything back together yet, but after sitting through some rainy days, I'm seeing the windshield and back window fogging up on the inside again. :(
While reassembling the interior today, I discovered that the passenger side rear drain plastic tube had gotten disconnected from the rubber grommet that passes from the trunk into the rear wheel well. Needless to say I also discovered water in the spare tire well and that the trunk carpet was wet. I'm not sure when/how that came undone after my gf and I had cleaned everything up, but presumably that was the source of my fogging in the past couple weeks. I stuck in back in the grommet and zip-tied it in place, and did the same on the driver side, too.

Not that that addresses the point of this thread, but just figured I would update.

Edit: I saw your thread in the CTS forum asking about the CTS/CTS-V sunroof compatibility. As I said there, they are the same. Body-wise, the whole car is the same with the exception of the front and rear bumpers and the rocker panels. You could check car-part.com to see about getting a sunroof - there should be plenty of cars out there to pull from.

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V
49 Posts
Sorry I'm coming into this late, but FWIW my sunroof let tons of water in during south florida deluges, but the drain tubes are huge and would keep up just fine. The only reason I know about this is that I had similar problems to yours when one of my drain tubes came loose on it's own, so double check that yours are still attached to the corners of the sunroom frame inside the A-pillar covers.

Also, some of the plastic baffles inside my rail mechanism have shattered but after taking out the debris everything still works fine, draining wise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts