Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased my 2005 CTS V. Awesome car, but the Nav screen went completely blank. The audio is still working so I’m confused. I checked all of the fuses and they seem to be okay. I pulled the unit out and re-did all of the connections and that didn’t seem to help. I’ve had it turn on at random once, and the screen didn’t look messed up or anything similar. Has anyone else had this issue and is the fix to just get a whole new unit?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
7,962 Posts
I've never heard of that happening. I looked in the FSM and there's nothing in the entertainment / navigation troubleshooting relating to the screen not coming on, so unfortunately that's no help.

I assume the screen is blank regardless of what mode you're in (Radio, Disc, Nav, etc)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I just got a used unit, tried putting it in and nothing still. I heard the disc changer working so I know it works. Before I did anything I just swapped screens over from the new onto the old to see if that helped. Ended up putting the whole new unit in and nothing worked still. Is this because I need to “unlock” it to work with my car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found a couple of loose connections when I took the original unit apart. I got the screen to light up, but it is still blank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it figured out. Had to take apart the whole unit and check every single connection. Ended up finding 2 flex cable connections that came completely out. Screen is working again, thanks for the responses.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
7,962 Posts
So did the "new" unit have the same bad connections? That seems like exceptionally bad luck!

Glad you got it figured out, though. I'm not sure I would've been able to find the issue. Any pics of what you found and fixed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts