Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm looking for a wiring diagram for the gauge cluster from a 05 ctsv. I'm swapping the drivetrain in to a 34 Chevy sedan and I'm looking to use the cluster as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've got the donor car so everything I need to make it work shoukd be here in front of me. Just need the wiring diagrams before I start cutting and separating what I need from what I don't. Anyone else have access to wiring diagrams for these cars and mind helping me out?

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the diagrams. everything looks pretty straight forward other than the dlc stuff. Can i bug you for the DLC schematics aswell.

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry what i needed was the DLC schematics. If you take a look at any one of the diagrams provided they show the two class II serial data wires coming from either the ipc, the pcm, the radio, or the ebcm going to a box labeled DLC schematics. that should show me how the serial data wiring connects with each module in the data stream.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help darkman, when i start wiring this thing up ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
LS6 and M12 donor
1 Posts
I must say Sir darkman, you are one of the most knowledgable peeps I've come across in a long long time. A BIG THANK YOU.
1). I have stuffed a 2005 LS6 with a M12 tranny form a CTS V into my 1987 Camaro, a fun ride at best.
I just have one PCM, I am using a 2000 Camaro instrument panel, I have the basics working except the speedometer doesn't work. I beleive we wired it off the data link to know avail. That was the reason I went with the 2000 cluster because the speedo was electronic.
Any ideas?
2). Does the CTS V normally have a gear indicator? I would like to add one I am not sure if the M12 has that capability, again any suggestions to get me down the road will help, If you have a M12 wiring schematic it may help, Thanks Dennis

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
The CTS-V does not normally have a gear indicator. A description of the speedometer operation as well as a transmission wiring diagram are attached.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I stumbled upon it searching for an '05 CTS-V instrument cluster pinout as well.
I can't see any of the attachments, are they timed out or something?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Thanks so much for posting these diagrams. Is the wiring different from 2004 to 2005? I purchased a "04/05 CTS-V Cluster" from ebay (gm # 10387377) with a pigtail, and I have all the same wire colors, however some of them are in different pin locations then shown in the diagram. I am worried if I go by colors I'm going to fry something. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply. That's odd. for some reason my pins 1-16 match (other then not having wires in the Transmission Range slots), but my pin #17 has a Brown/White instead of a Black/White, and my pin #28 has a solid purple rather then a purple/white. There also doesn't appear to be a coolant temp signal going to the cluster. Hmm, Looks like i've got some experimenting to do.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts