Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a ton of researching a way to ditch the bose and retain the DIC functions... I just ditched the bose and put in a completely new system! It is awesome and I don't miss the DIC at all!!
Here's what I did:
New Pioneer Nav unit, CTS Install kit, PAC interface, ebrake bypass kit
image.jpg
Added Big 3 wires to engine ground, battery ground and +alt to battery, then ran 0 gauge to trunk.
image.jpg

Installed Eclipse 8062 Components + Boston Proseries Tweeters (front)
Installed Patriot Mids/passive bandpass xovers (rear)

Built and sealed in 2 Boston Proseries 12.4lf subwoofers behind rear seats
image.jpg

Xtant 403a amp (front/rears) MTX 1501D (subs) & all crossovers + dist blocks
*****Soundstream Class A 6.0 and Soundstream Reference 160 will replace Xtant has soon as they arrive*****
image.jpg

·
Registered
Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow
639 Posts
Wow nice job. Get a photobucket account and upload some nice pics when you get a chance so you can embed them into this thread. Looking real nice. Would like to check this out sometime I'm only a few miles from you. I'll let you listen to my sub but that's all I've done lol... I am always messing with my DIC so can't let it go yet.

·
Registered
2013 XTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Lets connect sometime... Now that spring is here, I'm driving the V
The sound, the nav unit.... Well worth losing DIC :)

·
Registered
2013 XTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, as great as the xtant amp is, my soundstream reference 6.0 showed up, and I'm going to run that!
Gotta love the amps from the 90's

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS V
329 Posts
Very nice. I almost pulled the trigger on all this but leaving the stock head unit in but I decided to hold off. Seeing this is making me think about doing it again.

Have any of you guys thought about turning the spare tire hole into a sub box? I've been thinking about doing that since I got the car but again, haven't pulled the trigger on it. I've got a jl12w6 in a box in the trunk but the box (not custom) takes up more than half my trunk.

·
Registered
2007 Thunder Gray CTS-V
39 Posts
^ yep, old school SS was awesome, then they were bought (several times?) and were never the same. Miss my old Class A and reference stuff.

Fej

·
Registered
2013 XTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ yep, old school SS was awesome, then they were bought (several times?) and were never the same. Miss my old Class A and reference stuff.

Fej
Just installed an old school ref 6.0 and ref 160 for rears- they are awesome- too bad they don't make em like the used to!

Just for grins, I bought a current Soundstream Reference 1.500. It's basically middle of the road and nothing like the old school reference stuff. If I were going to buy newer amps I'd go with Audison, Rockford, Bulter Audio or JL.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Just installed an old school ref 6.0 and ref 160 for rears- they are awesome- too bad they don't make em like the used to!

Just for grins, I bought a current Soundstream Reference 1.500. It's basically middle of the road and nothing like the old school reference stuff. If I were going to buy newer amps I'd go with Audison, Rockford, Bulter Audio or JL.
Yeah, slim pickins these days...

·
Registered
2013 XTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice. I almost pulled the trigger on all this but leaving the stock head unit in but I decided to hold off. Seeing this is making me think about doing it again.

Have any of you guys thought about turning the spare tire hole into a sub box? I've been thinking about doing that since I got the car but again, haven't pulled the trigger on it. I've got a jl12w6 in a box in the trunk but the box (not custom) takes up more than half my trunk.
Yes- you can use the spare tire well... I have done this in many cars. You can use the factory cover as a template and cut out mdf and cover in carpeting. I have actually used some phone books in the event the space was a little too large- LOL :)

·
Registered
2013 XTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now changed things up a bit:
Running boston proseries 6.5 up front; eclipse 8062 rears; diamond d6 12's.
Soundstream class A 6.0 powering Fronts.
Soundstream reference 500sx powering rears.

Currently have a killer MTX 1505 powering subs, but waiting for a Soundstream class A 10.0 to arrive :)
Also added a dry cell battery in spare tire well!

image.jpg
image.jpg

P

·
0 Posts
PHP:
Yes- you can use the spare tire well... I have done this in many cars. You can use the factory cover as a template and cut out mdf and cover in carpeting. I have actually used some phone books in the event the space was a little too large- LOL :)
I really miss all my old Alpine, Boston Acoustics Pro separates and Soundstream amps. Those were the good old days when that stuff costed a ton of money and sounded awesome. I just burned up my last MC245 and BA Pro separates that we're nearly 20 years old. My brother still has his stuff running in his garage. Still sounding great also.

I still put the cover over this with the hole in the middle of it left open. Sounds good with it on or off.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts