Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering straight piping my 05 CTS with about 115k Miles. Has anyone who’s done it before remember which setup they used? Want to use an xpipe in the middle and leave the cats in place so it would be cat back. Does anyone know the length and size pipes I would need to make that all workout? Or if anyone has any other suggestions looking to mix it up with the exhaust not sure what will sound best. Heard of some people just chopping the mufflers but I’m not sure about that.

·
Super Moderator 2005 CTS-V
7,698 Posts
I don't see any reason to change out the entire cat-back system. Seems like the easiest way to go would be to chop out the resonator (which I believe is also a cross-over) and weld in a universal x-pipe there, then replace the mufflers with some short sections of pipe with your choice of tips. That would be much easier than trying to fabricate the entire cat-back. The stock exhaust is already stainless, and already appropriately sized.

·
Registered
447 Posts
X2. Delete the resonator or mufflers. Delete one or the other, but not both. Will be way too loud, crackly, Popping, drone, etc.

You will gain NOTHING but a change in sound and a slightly different torque curve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
greenmachineiijh