Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 cts that looks like a few little rust bubbles just below the fuel door. Also some rust inside the fuel filliing area. Has anyone had any rust problems. I'm hoping it will be covered under the rust protection warranty.

·
Registered
'09 Chrysler 300C, *''03 CTS is gone"
235 Posts
My CTS is 2003, and it looks like brand new, not the smallest sign of rust, while it were driven in every hard salty winter.
Really strange, i never heard of rust according to the CTS.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,880 Posts
I've heard of paint bubbling up on the hood. Where the chrome strip meets the hood. That was covered on rust protection warranty. But at the fuel fill area, WTF? What kind of fuel have you been using?

KOT

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
I've heard of paint bubbling up on the hood. Where the chrome strip meets the hood. That was covered on rust protection warranty. But at the fuel fill area, WTF? What kind of fuel have you been using?

KOT
ive got a couple small bubbles on the hood and the dealer refused to fix them under factory 160,000 km body warranty. i didnt argue but i should have. mine are very small, i may have them fixed this year...but its gonna be out of pocket.
also its not rust its paint bubbling from moisture getting in from a stone chip. hood is aluminum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts