Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Cadillac CTS idle seems like it's missing when it idles sounds like wants to stall it seems like maybe the fuel pump or a bad ignition coil I was wondering if anybody know if this was a common problem and what the problem might be

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,246 Posts
Just saw this thread in the CT6 forum and moved it for you. Hopefully your fellow CTS owners can give you some suggestions. One suggestion I would give you is to find the punctuation keys on your keyboard so that it's easier to decipher what you post.

As for the problem you're experiencing, can you describe the issue in more detail? Are the idle RPMs actually dropping? Is the Check Engine Light on? Does the engine run fine when it's not at idle? Why do you think the problem is the fuel pump or an ignition coil?

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >131k miles
734 Posts
Lots of issues become common in 15 y.o. cars! Several reports of fuel pump failure, but more often coils, spark plugs, sensors, and occasionally ECM failure. As AAIIC asked, what other info do you have (lights, codes, etc)? Also, what maintenance has been done to the car in recent years?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts