Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

2005 CTS
Discussion Starter #61
Thanks y'all! So in the process of me getting the car running...I did replace the intake valve. After doing so...I did get a code, so I'll have a look see into that. Had the plugs and coils checked and they are fine. I'll check the fittings on the hoses. I took the car for a little spin today, no check engine lights or any other indicators 馃榿. Still rough idle, but not too bad. You guys are the best and I appreciate ALL OF YOU GUYS HELP!!

Registered
Starter sounds strong,either no fuel or no spark. Have a 2006 cts and have been through this.Have a few ideas if you don鈥檛 have any luck

2005 CTS
Discussion Starter #64
Hi!!! The car is a lot better. I do have a lifter that's tapping like crazy. I've researched a little, and from what I gather...this happens when a car sits for a period of time馃し馃徑鈥嶁檧锔. I'm not sure. I've attempted to do a motor cleansing, but nothing has changed.

Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
Try putting in a bottle of Rislone. I used to use it a lot in the old days with regular oil but with synthetic oil there isn't as great a need for it anymore but it may help you out. Here's a link to what I'm talking about and you can pick it up almost anywhere:

Roy

61 - 65 of 65 Posts