1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
cts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ECM Replacement

Gentlemen:
I have 2005 CTS with 272,000 miles. Car has been diagnosed as needing new ECM.

I do not have the money to buy from dealer or buy from third party and have reprogrammed.

If I buy a used ECM from a junk yard that comes off an IDEDNTICAL CTS, and replace my
defective with the used part, as is - no reprogramming, no VIN #, nothing. --- will the car start, run?

Just trying to keep it alive.

Joe

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,105 Posts
Re: ECM Replacement

Each PCM should be programmed for the car it was originally installed in -​ Buy a used PCM, it can be reflashed to your car's VIN.

You could try the used junkyard PCM - but I don't give it much hope. A reflash should be pretty inexpensive at a decent Mom&Pop shop that has a GM internet link.

·
Registered
45 Posts

it will definitely work but it wont match ur cars vin # . i have a junkyard ecm on my cts for almost a year now and never had an issue

·
Registered
cts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks, I want to try it. Live in Jacksonville area. Got any ideas on what I should ask for? Joe

·
Registered
cts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2005 CTS
My ECM is a #12592124.
I bought a good #19260507 thinking it would work. Car would not crank but key came out of ignition just fine where it would
not with the #12592124.

Can I get the #19260507 reprogrammed to be a #12592124? It came off an identical CTS.

If not, I have a perfectly good #19260507 for sale.
Regards,
Joe

·
Registered
Former Owner of a 2005 CTS
71 Posts
Yes, you can. You need to get the new ECM reprogrammed to your VIN.

I believe the #19260507 is just AC Delco's part number, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, Just following up on this old thread.

I have a 2005 CTS that just developed an ECM problem. The car runs, but the ECM doesn't fire injector #1 any more.

Note that 12592124 is the hardware PN and the 4 letter code on the ECM is the software code. Think of it as a software version designation.

For instance, mine is PN 12600547 YLTT (service no: 12592124).

The YLTT is the software designation. I got this information straight from the parts department of our local Cadillac dealership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another follow up... I installed a junkyard ECM and it disabled my ability to start the car. I guess I will have to get it flashed at the dealership. All PNs match up, including the YLTT software code. The only difference is that it is from a SRX instead of a CTS. Can anyone tell me if there's a key cycle pattern to go through to get the car to accept the new ECM?

EDIT: Never mind, I found a GM Passkey key relearn sequence.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts