Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all. I am trying to find the size of the shift rod (I think that's what it's called) for my '05 CTS 6M. I've purchased an adapter that is M12x1.25 and it seems JUST the tiniest bit too small. Does anyone know the actual size?

·
Registered
2007 6 speed manual tarnished platinum
374 Posts
Let's start from the beginning what are you trying to do? I've had a 6m for years and I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you want to know the size of the bushings? The linkage?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apologize for the confusing question. I guess what I'm looking for is the diameter of the shift lever as shown in the picture. I'm looking for an aftermarket shift knob and I was looking for an adapter to change it from the clip on that comes stock to a threaded post. Thank you for your quick reply!

·
Registered
2007 6 speed manual tarnished platinum
374 Posts
I apologize for the confusing question. I guess what I'm looking for is the diameter of the shift lever as shown in the picture. I'm looking for an aftermarket shift knob and I was looking for an adapter to change it from the clip on that comes stock to a threaded post. Thank you for your quick reply!
View attachment 579079
Well there's one thing I've never changed I've had it off but never measured it I'd go over to the v forum and ask those guys it's basically the same shifter lever the linkage is different cuz I had one but the knob and the boot are the same

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,024 Posts
Good evening all. I am trying to find the size of the shift rod (I think that's what it's called) for my '05 CTS 6M. I've purchased an adapter that is M12x1.25 and it seems JUST the tiniest bit too small. Does anyone know the actual size?
What adapter did you buy?

These guys make an adapter - Raceseng Non-threaded Shifter Arm Adapter (click the pull-down menu and you'll see a CTS-V/Corvette option in the list). It's really designed to be used with their knobs, though, which have big thread (3/4"-16), so it might not be what you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a cheap Amazon adapter that I thought would be big enough. I wasn't sure if the CTS-V shift lever was the same size but I will definitely be looking into the thread size of the knob I purchased to see if this will work. Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts