Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS V8
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend has a CTS that was running/starting fine now it is dead in my driveway. All lights come on and when you turn the key you can hear a click under the hood but nothing else happens. We replaced the battery and swapped the starter relay and that didn't change anything. Any ideas on where to start looking?

·
Registered
2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
1,017 Posts
If it's a single click it's probably the starter. If it's multiple clicks could be bad connection or bad ground.

·
Registered
2007 CTS
3 Posts
Mine did that just last week. Turned the key on, heard the fuel pump pumping. I hit the key and heard a click, waited three secons, and heard another click. Battery, relay, connections were all good. I took the starter to the local AZone and it tested ok. I replaced it anyway and it's been working fine. My guess is that the starter motor was too weak to turn the engine over.

Took about 30 min to get the starter out. Remove the sensor behind the starter, get a long standard screwdriver to help remove the electrical plug, a socket to remove the main lead, and two bolts to remove the starter from the engine. Very simple actually.

·
Registered
CTS
35 Posts
i have an 03 with the same troubles and i jumped over the solenoid on the starter and it started right up???? drove it 80 miles home but wouldnt restart, so thinking of putting a starter button on it,.... any ideals?????

----------

i know that you can use the "pink" and "yellow" wires from the steering colum harness to get fire from pink "aux" push the button and send fire to yellow "starter" wire,... there is a post on here where someone did this and it worked fine,...????? but i would rather fix it right,.... also my mirrors go crazy when switching from driver 1 to driver 2 they never go to the same spot,... AND, my driving/fog lights have begun to remain on ALL the time, even after the lights turn them selves off and when i use high beams??????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts