Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I mentioned what they gave in a previous post. As for leverage, I made sure they knewy displeasure and that my whole family and my wife's family own GM cars. We can share this ordeal with everyone we know and warn them of GMs lack of quality. Social media was brought up as well. Businesses are scared of Facebook and Twitter...

·
Registered
2005 CTS
6 Posts
That's a good tactic to use. I assume this was offered by the GM customer service people not the local dealer, right?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS
15 Posts
Hey my 05 CTS was doing a similar sound a little bit worst though it sounds like its trying to turn into a diesel. It all started off with my tensenior pulley being lose. i replaced that and the next day the small ticking noise wouldnt go away. It ended up being the water pump just starting to go bad. i drove it for about 10 mins and the car would throw itself almost as if it was giving it an extra push when driving. I drove it like this for about 4 hours. i get home and i park it not wanting to drive it anymore. Later on that night i turned it on to move it into the garage and the noise escalated much worse. Now im not sure what it is i replaced the water pump and the noise is still there. it kicks in about 5-10 secs after its idle the rpm is alittle over 1 i will upload a video see if you guys can help me out please!

----------

This is my video of my car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9wzKzC4p-k&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6
100 Posts
Hey guys are there anyway preventative measures we can take to lessen the chances of a spun bearing? Sounds like a nightmare most of us would like to avoid!

·
Registered
2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
722 Posts
I know this isn't a very smart idea but if you can get it to move WRECK it. Lol that's what insurance for yeah rates go up but if you have gap coverage payments stop.

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
659 Posts
We got our host of problems of course, but so far my 3.2L with 96k on the clock runs like the day she rolled out of the factory.
Maybe I'm just lucky, but it seems like other than the timing belt (which I hear often needs swapped at about 110k) there are fewer problems with the 3.2L.
Doesn't drink oil either...

Then again, maybe it's just a misperception caused by there being far fewer 3.2Ls out there and therefore far fewer people talking about issues.

Anyway, good luck to everyone having issues right now! I'm crossing my fingers my 3.2 isn't next.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Castone763 said:
Hey my 05 CTS was doing a similar sound a little bit worst though it sounds like its trying to turn into a diesel. It all started off with my tensenior pulley being lose. i replaced that and the next day the small ticking noise wouldnt go away. It ended up being the water pump just starting to go bad. i drove it for about 10 mins and the car would throw itself almost as if it was giving it an extra push when driving. I drove it like this for about 4 hours. i get home and i park it not wanting to drive it anymore. Later on that night i turned it on to move it into the garage and the noise escalated much worse. Now im not sure what it is i replaced the water pump and the noise is still there. it kicks in about 5-10 secs after its idle the rpm is alittle over 1 i will upload a video see if you guys can help me out please!

----------

This is my video of my car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9wzKzC4p-k&feature=youtu.be
Hi Castone763! Oh wow it's sounds like my 2005 CTS is going to be sounding like this soon. I'm a 1st time Caddy owner but I've always been a fan and my CTS is making similar noise but not that loud. I'm also new to how forums work so I'm not sure if you posted an update on what's happened after water pump change. Also that "push" you described does that happen on 1st gear? mine does same thing. The dealership I bought CTS from gave me a free warranty to get my "noise" fixed. I will post what my diagnosis was.

----------

klane25 said:
Were you able to find an engine?

I may be in the same boat as you. I've got a 2005 3.6L CTS, and the engine started making knocking noises. I checked the oil filter and found metal shavings, which may be a death sentence for the engine.

Would you mind sharing your experience you've had so far of getting a new engine?
I'm having my CTS repaired for a very similar noise-I will post the aftermath. Luckily this issue was already happening before I drove away so dealership gave me a free warranty and even said if your engine goes out you will get a brand new one wink wink.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,924 Posts
The post you replied to is about 8 years dead and the member who posted it has not logged in for 7.5 years. I doubt that he/she will see the info. Welcome to CF !! Please note the dates of posts and threads you look at to get an idea of whether or not you stand much chance of receiving a reply. For member activity info, hover over their avatar. Thanks.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts