Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 CT’s 3.6 and yesterday it was low on oil filled it up and went to go down the road it started smoking so went back home and parked. When I opened hood noticed passenger side valve cover had hole in top front and leaked oil out under the car. The still runs but what would cause this?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
Welcome to CF !!! We moved your post from a dead thread to your own new one. Not necessary to hijack threads - please ask your own question. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Car rattled bad under the valve cover. Pulled over. Popped the hood. I had a hole in there front my passenger side valve cover with oil coming out. The car would not start again. The problem:

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >130k miles
565 Posts
Wow! That's not good. I have never heard of the camshaft actuator grenading like that. Did the timing chain break and then smack against the actuator or did the actuator just fly apart on its own?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow! That's not good. I have never heard of the camshaft actuator grenading like that. Did the timing chain break and then smack against the actuator or did the actuator just fly apart on its own?
Not trying to hijack this post, but the timing chains were intact. Just the 1 actuator. Could have just replaced the actuator, wish I did. Sitting at 160k miles, figured might as well change everything out. Now it's still not running. NO SPARK NO START posted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts