·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I agree.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
that looks too much like a cts that is all cladded in hiding, probably misslabeled
Thus the reason for cladding. It supposed to make you wonder what it is you are actually seeing.

I once saw a cladded C-class Mercedes. I could have sworn it was a 3-series BMW. The cladding was intended to make me think that.

But there is no reason to hide a CTS. In fact. they didn't hide the CTS-V.

So what is due soon, that still needs to be kept hidden until it's closer to launch time? The 2005 STS.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Probably will happen.....Look at all the cookie cutter cars we're forced to accept now!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
The image looks great but I'd rather not see every Cadillac look the same. I have a funny feeling that's going to happen...

Look at MB and BMW. their styling definitely seems like they have a "same sausage, different lengths" state of mind

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When placing a picture of the current CTS next to that prototype shot, I'm not totally convinced that it is an STS.

The wheelbase and general proportions are identical.

Theres a bit lof a longer back end, but that might be due to the angle of the picture.

Check out my animated gif below.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
The crown line on the side of the car is positioned lower than the CTS. That could just be the cladding.

The rub strip is placed lower than the CTS. That could be the cladding.

There is a white spot for a light on the lower corner of the rear bumper. There is a white spot for a side marker on the front fender. It is missing the corner front light of the CTS. That could all be cladding.

The top of the fender doesn't seem to meet the top of the mirror, as it does on the CTS. That could be the cladding.

Since there's no reason to disguise a current generation CTS, it's either an STS or the next generation CTS.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Rex Raider said:
Couldn't it be an OLD picture?
Anything is possible. But it's doubtful. Why would edmunds run an old photo?

In your very good morphing job. The mule is turned to the side quarter view, yet it's longer. Not just the tail end where the outside corner would appear longer, but also the inside corner of the greenhouse is longer. If it was the angle, it would be shorter.

That's just one of many differences I can see. I've listed some. But others are the angle of the rear end above the bumper. It is more upright on the CTS while the mule slants in at the top (as seen around the tail light section). The rear fender line is straight, not curved up like the CTS. The front fender line is lower than the CTS. There appears to be a turn indicator on the inside of the rear fender. The mule has a few more inches where the rear window starts to curve down than it does on the CTS. Again, the angle should lessen this effect.

Since the STS is supposed to share the CTS platform, then I would expect the wheel base to be similar. It's the styling cues that will distinguish it. I think there are enough signs here to point to this being the STS. And I think there's enough evidence here to show that the STS will be distinctly different from the CTS.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's all very possible, but a little disappointing.
I'm not crazy about the Art&Science design theme, and was hoping that the STS would be significantly different from the CTS. Not just a slightly bigger version of it.
I'll reserve judgement for when the actual car is revealed.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
all the info ive seen points to the STS being the same size as the SRX, basically the STS will be a sedan SRX.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
well ive heard grumbelings of sts being a big CTS , rear drive and all ....

but then again a SRX is a 4wd wagon version of the cts so i dont think the sts would be spun directly off either , would need to be bigger than cts , smaller than whatever would replace deville

3 inch wider track 5 inch longer wheel base and a northstar would make a pretty sweet sts , oh and rear drive

in other words i think the photo of the sts is correct (hybrid that photoshop and the spy shot and youd have it)

wonder when there gonna bust out those side gills that were on the sixteen show car , those were sweet , screamed caddy

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
18 Participants
riq242