Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac cts
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I got this issue since yesterday, i was driving like 35-40 mph no more, and speedometer shows my speed like 70-80 mph. Any suggestions what is the problem costing that and if it can be fixed without taking it to the dealer? thank you.
P.S. the only thing different happened yesterday from the other days ... it was raining. Could be the water getting somewhere to cost that problem? It is still raining here, should i wait until it drys and see what happen? thanks again!

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
Kingoftypos said:
I must ask, is it really in MPH or is it in km/h?

KOT
I'm with KOT. 40mph is 65 km/h. So maybe use the measurement option on your DIC and toggle back and forth and see what happens!

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
659 Posts
Hah!! Played that trick on a friend's car a few years ago as a joke. Didn't know until it was done that he ended up taking it to the dealership and payed their $70 "diagnostics" fee all to find out he had it in the km/h setting.

Cost me an apology dinner for him, but I've never trusted his knowledge in cars since...

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,802 Posts
CadillacAsAlways said:
Hah!! Played that trick on a friend's car a few years ago as a joke. Didn't know until it was done that he ended up taking it to the dealership and payed their $70 "diagnostics" fee all to find out he had it in the km/h setting.

Cost me an apology dinner for him, but I've never trusted his knowledge in cars since...
Oh my goodness, the dealership must of put on the receipt "$70 charge for stupidity!"

I allowed my niece to drive the CTS and I put it on Km/h and she was freaking out cus she didn't know why cars were passing her.

So I switched it back for her to get up to speed. Then back to Km/H to take a picture of the needle at 85. Sent it to her mother. Yeah a 16 year old doing 85, wasn't a pretty sight when we got home.

KOT

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac cts
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks a lot guys. For 2 days i dint have chance to sit in this car to check this issue and i figgured it immediately , once i had chance last night. I knew not to listen my wife's BS like she didnt do anything and it start doing this and that. i feel so embarrassed and I shouldnt even open this thread before checking the car my self. Honestly though, i knew Cadillac has this option to switch from Mph to Kmh, but i didnt know that it also changes the speedometer reading. If it was digital i wouldn't be surpised at all, but with the mechanical pointer, i was. Well, I never drive this cadillac, it is for her use only. Thank you guys for the quick response anyways, i hope i made your day with this one :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts