1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 cts sport/luxury
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone,
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!
i have a 2005/2006 factory nav unit with the woodgrain trim on the faceplate the part number is #15244561 i have been having problems trying to find the correct gps antenna, i posted on this issue once before but am still confused i was told there are 2 types of differant antenna connectors one is a push on connector which i know is part #25726417, and another i have been told by another member that looks like a phone jack called a smb connector i don't know what that is or what it looks like i also found another antenna that looks similer to #25726417 but it is a push on connector with a pink and white recktangular plastic shell around it. since those are the only 2 that my dealer can seem to find but which one is it or ist it even any of these. up untill today i thought that the small 8 pin male connector in the upper left corner of the back of the radio might be the gps plug in, but i now figured out that it is the little 1/4 inch silver male connector that sits on the right side of the center 3 radio 8 pin connectors, but like i said i have no idea which antenna or if i have the right plug.
can someone please help me with this so i can finally get the nav installed.
thanks
DANTE:banghead: :bling:

·
Registered
2007 cts sport/luxury
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just to be sure, you are saying that #25726417 is the correct push on antenna for this radio, not the push on connector that looks just like #25726147 but has the rectangular pink/white plastic casing around the conector and also has the smaller metal plate at the end of it.
i am not sure of the part # i know the last 4 digits are 6914 or 6419.
please confirm this if possible because i have to order it from the dealer or gm part and it is going to take some time to come in so i want to make sure that i get the right one the first time
thanks again
Dante

·
Registered
292 Posts
ehhh...huh? :hmm:
The part number is #25726417
It has an SMB-M connector that pushes on. It looks like this.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Incidentally, ANY GPS antenna with an SMB connector will work. Shaft got a normal magnetic mount one that usually mounts on the trunk off eBay for around $30, which worked fine, until he got the GM part delivered.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have one that goes to a Garmin umit and it did not work. Ordered the correct one and don''t know how long its going to take. I have two of the other type connector (whole antenna module) if any one needs one let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts