Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Considering to buy a 2005/2006 CTS 3.6L automatic. Are there any known problems I need to pay attention to?

Thanks!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
yes.

·
Registered
Cadillac
44 Posts
Bites tongue. CK, I think you're smart enough to know that he is looking for some specifics if you know of any, maybe you could share any you might have had with your own '06.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Don't give me too much credit now..

·
Registered
CTS
6 Posts
Every line of cars have problems.

I have a '05. Had it for the last three years.. No problems on my end, but search around on here and you'll find that have had problems.

·
Registered
05' CTS 3.6L Sport\Luxury & 05' CTS 3.6L Luxury
40 Posts
Hi all,

Considering to buy a 2005/2006 CTS 3.6L automatic. Are there any known problems I need to pay attention to?

Thanks!
Besides THESE issues I mentioned, I also had to have my 05' sport rear end axle lub changed (heavier gear oil w\additive as per dealer). There was a bulletin by Cadillac to perform this service when noise or griding was heard when backing up (my case, through barely audible and original thought was front wheel rub on reverse turning). It quietened it down to ZERO noise...good to go!

Good Luck...GREAT Cars!!!

Ted

·
Registered
Cadillac
44 Posts
Not to mention I believe somone else posed a thread bout an aftermarket LSD, which I would be getting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts