Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to help from members of this list, my project is complete!

I didn't like the function of the stock nav system, so I replaced it! Of course, no one makes a harness kit for this conversion (in fact, many stereo places said I couldn't do it at all), but hey - when has that ever stopped someone from trying, right?

The only thing I don't currently have is the DIC, but I am working on a way to get that back into the car (V2 of this install) :)

Parts used:

Head unit: Kenwood DNX7100 DVD Navigation Receiver
Adapter 1: PAC OS-2CTS Radio Replace Adapter (cut harnesses)
Adapter 2: PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface
Dashkit: Metra SRX Dashkit / Black
Antenna adapter: VW/Cadillac antenna adapter
Headrest system: Vizualogic A-1150 replacement headrests

Once I figured out the wiring of the stock unit, I basically just cut, soldered, and plugged everything in. The OEM GPS antenna was the same as the Kenwood one, so I just plugged in the stock one, and everything works great!

I am looking to have a custom wood(esque) piece made to finish the look of the dash, but that is minor for now

The Garmin developed nav system in the Kenwood is AMAZING - the best I have used.

So - here are pics - if you have any questions or are going to do it yourself, just let me know!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
Cadillac
21 Posts
GMBOUND,

Reveived your PM, Howerver I do not have 20 poste I can not send a PM.

To answer Your question, I installed the Kenwood in a 2002 Escalade,
The factory changer does not work with the DNX 7100, the Kenwood does have a single disc changer, however I had MX installed so I dont realy use the changer.
The stearing wheel contrls work. I also have hands free phone interface.
I too like like the Garmin GPS
Car Toys installed the unit, so I know nothing about the Installation

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
I have been searching for days for a similar thread, anyways I'm about to install a Pioneer z2 in place of the factory nav and I was hoping you had a wiring diagram for the gm 32 pin harness thats in there. I am also installing new speakers and a 4ch amp so all i really need is the wire colors for the vss, reverse, constant, accessory, and ground. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts