Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SRX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my passenger low bean HID went out. I took it got it replaced drove it to the garage and that night it was out again. I took it back to the place and they said they would replace it one more time. They did and later that night it went out again. There is moisture in the headlight casing but at 100.00 a light I don't want to take it to the dealership yet. Anyone run into this before. What can I try? Any ideas?

·
Registered
2004 SRX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I'm thinking but dealership was like usually it wouldn't blow the bulbs it would just stop them from working and of course they want me to bring it in

----------

is there anyway to test the ballast?

----------

nevermind I can just move them from one side to the other.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Just what I was gonna suggest try the other side. Cause our bulbs are so easy to change lol. But true usually they don't blow just stop working.might have a bad ground.

·
Registered
'06 SRX LY7 Lux/Full option.
6 Posts
It's probably the Ballast, I've been having the same issue with flickering Xenon's. Got mine off ebay for cheap, but having to remove the bumper is annoying.

·
Registered
2004 SRX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So to update: FIXED for awhile now just been away from the forum.

the fix was I removed the ballast and there was a ton of water that poured out. I looked at the ballast and could see alot of rust on the circuit board. I replaced the ballast used silicone to keep the moisture out and replaced the bulb.

And just FYI I didn't have to remove the front bumper. I just had to remove the top plastic bolts pull it back and found the third bolt holding it in then after about 2 min of trying to get it out it was free.

·
Registered
975 Posts
So to update: FIXED for awhile now just been away from the forum.

the fix was I removed the ballast and there was a ton of water that poured out. I looked at the ballast and could see alot of rust on the circuit board. I replaced the ballast used silicone to keep the moisture out and replaced the bulb.

And just FYI I didn't have to remove the front bumper. I just had to remove the top plastic bolts pull it back and found the third bolt holding it in then after about 2 min of trying to get it out it was free.
I actually cut both of those brackets off behind the grill saves time for next time around

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac SRX V8 Northstar AWD w/ 18" wheels
44 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts