Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something that I have never witnessed before.
In America, for 2004 we have a Seville SLS, the 275 H.P. Seville. In Canada, they have BOTH, the SLS AND the STS for 2004. Their STS has new wheels for 2004, that no Seville in America has ever had.
I never recall a car made in America that was not for sale here, *BUT* was for sale in Canada??!!! Strange, No? I think we need to protest ! :xevileye:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Sure we have the 2004 STS at $75,000.00 CDN, 56,327.45 US dollars
+ 15% tax, about $1100 in freight, $100 air condition tax, $95 admin charges
So come up here and buy one.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Fawkin-A! It scares me to think people actually pay sticker for these things. Anyone who walks into a dealership and slabs down any more than 42K BRAND NEW for this car should be shot to prevent further damage to the economy. Yikes. Geez you can buy a 540 for that much money.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Does anyone buy them or just lease it?
The one I have listed at $65000 cdn and pick up this August for $21000.00
Thank God they have shit resale value

·
Registered
26 Posts
airbalancer said:
The one I have listed at $65000 cdn and pick up this August for $21000.00
Thank God they have shit resale value
I RESINT THAT!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Got my STS $8,000 under list NEW and it isn't worth SQUAT today and I can't even GIVE it away :xevileye:

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's my point!
Feel like going to my Caddy salesman and telling him I am ready to trade my 2003 Town Car for a 2004 STS. He'll say, "There is no 2004 STS, and I'll produce the Canadian Brochure & show it to him. He'll never pick up on the "GM/Canada" on the back cover that is the size of a pin head. :histeric:

·
Registered
377 Posts
buickman69, i feel your pain about the 2001 sts. i lue of the holidays, i tell you what. Ill take it off your hands :D

you said you can't give it away, ill take it, promise.

resale does suck, thats why i bought it used.

·
Registered
364 Posts
i second the resale opinions here..i bought a 94 eldo in 96 for half of sticker..i bought a 01 etc in '02 for 29k..but u can also say that about the lincolns..i bought a '96 mark 8 in '97 for 24k..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
MARKVIII said:
i second the resale opinions here..i bought a 94 eldo in 96 for half of sticker..i bought a 01 etc in '02 for 29k..but u can also say that about the lincolns..i bought a '96 mark 8 in '97 for 24k..
But why can you say that about pickup trucks.
I need one for work, all these people who drive one because they may carrier something in their box once a year have driven the price up like crazy!
These price are from Autotrade.ca
This is about $75000 new

$ 60,500.00
30,000 km

2002 CADILLAC ESCALADE EXT
This STS would be around $70000 new
$ 44,900.00
37,000 km

2002 CADILLAC STS

Why are truck wouth more used than cars are?

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
airbalancer said:
But why can you say that about pickup trucks.
I need one for work, all these people who drive one because they may carrier something in their box once a year have driven the price up like crazy!
These price are from Autotrade.ca
This is about $75000 new

$ 60,500.00
30,000 km

2002 CADILLAC ESCALADE EXT
This STS would be around $70000 new
$ 44,900.00
37,000 km

2002 CADILLAC STS

Why are truck wouth more used than cars are?
OK i will try to understand that last post as best as possible.

It is very simple, GM Trucks are some of the best built and most dependable trucks on the road and the demand is HIGH for all trucks. The market for American Luxury Cars is older and narrower than the market for Trucks, ESPECIALLY the Cadillac Esc. because its considered a real status symbol. I am 21 and I LOVED my STS while I had it except for all the problems but you know what, 100% of my friends consider my 2001 BMW 330i ten times more appealing than the STS even though the STS had a 57,000 retail sticker when it was new, and the 330 was only 40k loaded. This is not because the STS is bad, just because of the perception of Cadillacs and luxury cars in general by younger markets.

Additionally, the truth is almost NO american CAR in general holds a candle to the value holding of import models or American Trucks because the reliability and quality is generally known to be piss poor and their history is not great. A base model Ford Taurus will be worth approximately HALF its original value probably in ONE year. A base model Honda accord would lose no where near that much value.

Our trucks hold value because in the eyes of the world market, and mine, America builds the best full size trucks on the road HANDS DOWN. Even with the Tundra and the Titan out now, this is one case where I would NOT go import. My dollar would go to the new F150 or the GMC Sierra for power, looks and overall meat factor. In large SUV it would be the Escalade hands down.

·
Registered
NONE
280 Posts
Sandy said:
This is something that I have never witnessed before.
In America, for 2004 we have a Seville SLS, the 275 H.P. Seville. In Canada, they have BOTH, the SLS AND the STS for 2004. Their STS has new wheels for 2004, that no Seville in America has ever had.
I never recall a car made in America that was not for sale here, *BUT* was for sale in Canada??!!! Strange, No? I think we need to protest ! :xevileye:
There will be STS also in Europe in 2004.
And what do you think about 2004 Chevrolet Caprice? :tongue2: (Out of production in the US since 1996). Visit www.chevroletarabia.com for more information! :bouncy:

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dubya said:
buickman69, i feel your pain about the 2001 sts. in lue of the holidays, i tell you what. Ill take it off your hands :D

you said you can't give it away, ill take it, promise.

resale does suck, thats why i bought it used.
:D Well, I appreciate the thought but what I mean is sell it @ a extremley REASONABLE price.
Last summer I was the cheapest of any local dealers, AND cheapest price in all the local publications...NOTHING was the result, not 1 call. :banghead:

What does this '04 STS look like??? Redesigned or the same ol thing???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts