Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good lookin car. saw over on Edmunds site that it will have a 4.4 DOHC V8...285 HP. Sound like Northstar to me. FWD...kinda like the STS went to Pontiac. Check it out

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What Edmunds.com Says: The Bonneville finally gets the style and power it needs to compete against the best from Japan and Germany.

What We Know: Pontiac's top-of-the-line Bonneville will get a slight makeover in early 2004. Like its Grand Prix stablemate, the Bonneville will lose much of its exterior body cladding in favor of a more streamlined look. The real story, however, will be the addition of the top-of-the-line GXP high performance model. The GXP will reintroduce eight-cylinder power to the Bonneville nameplate in the form of a dual overhead cam 4.4-liter V8 that pumps out 285 horsepower. Hooked to a floor-mounted four-speed automatic the new V8 should make the revamped Bonneville quite the capable performer. The exterior of the GXP will be enhanced by extended rocker panel extensions, a three-piece rear spoiler and a slick set of 18-inch aluminum wheels. The interior will feature leather- and suede-trimmed seats, a restyled instrument cluster, carbon fiber-look trim and an aluminum shifter handle.

from the site Future Vehicles www.edmunds .com

Sorry
I am not that cool with this puter..(check the pic)...COOL car

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
Like its Grand Prix stablemate, the Bonneville will lose much of its exterior body cladding in favor of a more streamlined look... The exterior of the GXP will be enhanced by extended rocker panel extensions, a three-piece rear spoiler and a slick set of 18-inch aluminum wheels.
They take it off. Then they put it back on.

I guess that's why they call it "tacky."

.Jinx

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Looks ok for a Pontiac......I'll stick with Cadillac!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Ralph said:
Saw the new Grand Prix at the dealer today, not bad but too monotone and black inside. I prefer two or three tone colored interiors like the new Deville.
question i would like to ask you is.... Did you get to drive one in gtp trim with comptetition group in manual mode?

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
I'm sure it kicks ass, I am just tired of the monotone interiors. It is no better than Honda with only one choice for interiors in Civic=black. I like choices and that car is not cheap. I don't know how fast the competition group is, enlighten me.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
i've driven one and i was damn impressed in manual mode.
260hp and 280lbft near down low. This car was definitely faster than any northstar powered caddy i've been in.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Ralph said:
How heavy is it? The DTS still has more power?
i think the sedan weighs little bit over 3500lb. Eventhough DTS more power, ability to control shifting adds more to performance because in auto mode it felt very similar to my old gtp.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Ralph said:
Those numbers sound familiar..................Mustang GT.
wanna hear something funny?
I've raced a few mustang gt from a stop and i had a quite a bit of lead with the previous gtp. I think i will be able to slaughter them with the new gtp.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts