Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ext
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a theft recovered EXT and I am trying to piece it back together.
I have a couple wiring questions that I could not find answered in my search of the forum.
1. The wires the that plug into the back of the rear view mirror. Where do they connect on the truck? Does it plug into a harness? I don't show any open plugs or wires that are close in color or size.
2. On the overhead console with sunroof controls, where do the map lights plug into the truck? I see where the sunroof switch plugs in and where it is connected to the truck wiring harness.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Marc

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Those same wires were ripped out on my old 2003 Theft Recovered Escalade. Those wires are normally wrapped in a sheath and if I recall they actually snake into the headliner, but I don't remember for sure.

·
Registered
Escalade ext
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since my headliner was also missing, that might be the answer to where the wires are.

Where did you locate the parts to put yours back together.

So far I still need rear door panels and a headliner. My interior color is Pewter (gray code 922).

Thanks
Marc

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Since my headliner was also missing, that might be the answer to where the wires are.

Where did you locate the parts to put yours back together.

So far I still need rear door panels and a headliner. My interior color is Pewter (gray code 922).

Thanks
Marc
Honestly, I don't know how much you want OnStar, but since I bought my truck as a refurbished theft recovery and those wires being disconnected didn't affect anything but OnStar operation and the Compass/Temp (idiot thieves thought ripping those out would disable the tracking mechanism) I never bothered repairing that. If someone else doesn't chime in here, you might need a Factory service manual (some people on here and on ebay have the whole thing on a master CD-ROM for GM vehicles up to 2005) to determine where exactly, and how far you need to run that harness to get the compass and temp working.

Considering you can put in NICE aftermarket Nav units these days with temp sensors that can give you all that info and more, you have to ask yourself if it's even worth the trouble or just disconnect the mirror side of the harness so it doesn't look ugly from the outside (that's what I did).

Not the info you're looking for I know, but some stuff to think about.

·
Registered
Escalade ext
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly, I don't know how much you want OnStar, but since I bought my truck as a refurbished theft recovery and those wires being disconnected didn't affect anything but OnStar operation and the Compass/Temp (idiot thieves thought ripping those out would disable the tracking mechanism) I never bothered repairing that. If someone else doesn't chime in here, you might need a Factory service manual (some people on here and on ebay have the whole thing on a master CD-ROM for GM vehicles up to 2005) to determine where exactly, and how far you need to run that harness to get the compass and temp working.

Considering you can put in NICE aftermarket Nav units these days with temp sensors that can give you all that info and more, you have to ask yourself if it's even worth the trouble or just disconnect the mirror side of the harness so it doesn't look ugly from the outside (that's what I did).

Not the info you're looking for I know, but some stuff to think about.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about purchasing a manual. I have a lead on a headliner with the wires in tack. It has the GPS still in place, so an aftermarket NAV unit might be the ticket.

Thanks

Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts