Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have tried and searched all over and still searching for an answer. I have an 2004 ESV 6.0L. The car starts and idles well. In neutral I can rev with no problem. As soon as I put it in gear and try to move up a hill (my driveway) it spudders and tries to die. I have put a Fuel Pressure gauge on the fuel rail and I get 0, the needle dose not even move. When I prime the fuel pump I get 0 as well. However the car will run. I can hear the fuel pump prime when the key is turned. I have checked every other system and I think fuel pressure is my problem. I replaced the relay still nothing. What else should I be looking for?

·
2005 ESV
11 Posts
So I have tried and searched all over and still searching for an answer. I have an 2004 ESV 6.0L. The car starts and idles well. In neutral I can rev with no problem. As soon as I put it in gear and try to move up a hill (my driveway) it spudders and tries to die. I have put a Fuel Pressure gauge on the fuel rail and I get 0, the needle dose not even move. When I prime the fuel pump I get 0 as well. However the car will run. I can hear the fuel pump prime when the key is turned. I have checked every other system and I think fuel pressure is my problem. I replaced the relay still nothing. What else should I be looking for?
I would be really surprised if it was fuel delivery as it would take a LOT higher volume of fuel to rev in park then it would to crawl up your driveway in gear.

Does it ONLY stall when giving it gas going uphill? How about driving on a level surface? Will it at least creep up the driveway if you put it in gear and take your foot off the brake?

It sounds like it has no torque. Could be the transmission, maybe a flush and new filter will help? No codes are being thrown?

·
Registered
2004 ESV
551 Posts
If you aren't getting fuel pressure at the schrader valve, and you are sure the pump is still good, I'd make sure the lines going from the pump to the engine aren't clogged.

Did the ESV sit for a while before this issue occurred?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No codes at all. Will move on flat ground. Tried everything to get it up the hill. No luck.

Replaced the Old pump a couple month ago becasue I was getting some shurging every now and then while driving. It has been sitting for about 2 months now. But everything else seems to be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts