Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting Ready For Spring

I have just purchased a 2004 Cadillac Escalade (my first Cadillac). It truly is a beautiful SUV, however, I am ready to add a few of my personal touches. What I'm planning now is to buy the 24" Lexani VP's with SP6, the ground force lowering kit (2"/3"), new customized Cadillac floor mats, the horizontal bar billet framed perimeter grille (grill) with Escalade emblem, chrome door sills, and dual exhaust pipes on both sides. I'm having trouble locating the last two items. If I could receive some information on where I could get those items, it would be greatly appreciated. I'd also like some feedback on my modification selections and some problematic areas I may need to be aware of while trying to make these modifications.

One,:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,009 Posts
Re: Getting Ready For Spring

I think you should lift it....lift it and get swampers, then a huge grille guard and KC lights, and KC lights on the top, and nice running boards....

....that would be really cool, and the truck woudl be doing what it was made to do..... I personally can't stand lowered trucks (unless it is like a show turck or something) and I think doing that is kinda pointless...... you see lowered and blinged out Escalades all over....but how many do you see jacked up? :D

Either way, do what you think is best, and good luck with whatever you do :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
755 Posts
I think this will do better in the Escalade board... moved. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Re: Getting Ready For Spring

jamrock said:
I have just purchased a 2004 Cadillac Escalade (my first Cadillac). It truly is a beautiful SUV, however, I am ready to add a few of my personal touches. What I'm planning now is to buy the 24" Lexani VP's with SP6, the ground force lowering kit (2"/3"), new customized Cadillac floor mats, the horizontal bar billet framed perimeter grille (grill) with Escalade emblem, chrome door sills, and dual exhaust pipes on both sides. I'm having trouble locating the last two items. If I could receive some information on where I could get those items, it would be greatly appreciated. I'd also like some feedback on my modification selections and some problematic areas I may need to be aware of while trying to make these modifications.

One,:cool:
Nice setup! Make sure you trim the inner plastic guards because they'll eventually rub against the tires. I have the exact setup (24's with a 2/3 drop) and the washer fluid bottle has to be mounted closer to the front bumper (located in front of the driver's side tire). Whenever I made a hard left, this tire would rub against the inner plastic guard. Other than that, it should be ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Re: Getting Ready For Spring

Night Wolf said:
I think you should lift it....lift it and get swampers, then a huge grille guard and KC lights, and KC lights on the top, and nice running boards....

....that would be really cool, and the truck woudl be doing what it was made to do..... I personally can't stand lowered trucks (unless it is like a show turck or something) and I think doing that is kinda pointless...... you see lowered and blinged out Escalades all over....but how many do you see jacked up? :D

Either way, do what you think is best, and good luck with whatever you do :)
I've actually seen something similar done, I thought it was an avalanche at first, I didn't think someone would actually do this to an escalade. It was bizarre looking and I recommend that no one does it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
When selecting wheels and tires you may want to keep weight in mind. For instance, I weighed the stock 17" with stock tires at about 67 lbs. I also have a set of Boss 305 20" with 285/50 R20 Rubber. This combination weighs about 78lbs. The additional 11lbs per corner is not too noticeable in terms of reduced braking and tougher on suspension. But some other aftermarket wheel/tire combo's can weigh much more. The end result will be, you hate the way it rides and feels, and they will end up on EBay for someone else who dosn't know any better. So, make sure you ask around for Wheel/Tire weights before you buy. Trust me, I found out the hard way on another car a few years ago. Since then I have upgraded 2 vehicles with larger wheels and tires, with weight savings in mind and it has worked out well. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to tell you their are a couple of company's on Ebay with Escalade Stainless Steel Door Seals, just make sure you get the ones for the correct vehicle. (i.e., EXT door sills will not fit Escalade, fronts will but not rears). I also, recommend diablosport predator programmer, and Volant Cold Air intake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
I currently own a 2004 Escalade with 22" Momo Storms.

soljah is probably right if you go with the 24's. My 22's only rub if I go around a corner and the road is uneven. Scared me the first time as I was turning into a parking lot and the entrance to the parking lot had an incline. Normal driving and driving straight on uneven roads my set-up does not rub.

I wish I had read GMike's statement before I got my set-up. I would have gone with a smaller and/or lighter wheel! I just wasn't thinking about that when I decided to purchase mine. On stock tires and rims I was getting 14.5-15 mpg on average. After I installed the larger 22" rims and tires I now see 13.5-14 mpg. The wheel and tire combo is much heavier. However, they look great on my truck and I can deal with the new gas mileage. Also, you will notice a slight decrease in ride quality, slight more resistance in turning the steering wheel. Again, slight...nothing dramatic.

Another thing to note, apparently for the 2004 model Escalades, Cadillac decided to install the tire pressure monitoring system that the Corvettes already have. When you put aftermarket rims/tires, you get an error message on your message center readout that says "Service Tire Monitor" every time you start the vehicle. Doesn't affect anything, but it is annoying to keep pressing the "enter" button to clear the message. This is what my wheel install shop told me, I have not really researched this nor have I attempted to have my Escalade serviced for this problem yet. I'm coming up on my first oil change shortly and will have it looked at then. If anyone knows of a fix, or has come across this problem on 02-03 Escalades, please let me know!

At any rate, nice choice for mods and good luck getting it put together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback! This info that I'm receiving has really been a great help. Just to present a couple of examples, I decided to go with the magnaflow dual exhaust instead of the borla exhaust system and I decided to go with the custom chrome grill instead of the billet grill. GMike, this is just what I was debating. I've been :eye: :eye: eye-balling the Tru-Flow air intake system and the brembo brake system. Anyone have any experience(s) with these? I've ordered 1/3 of the equipment needed for the modifications...so much fun:D , but $$$.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Why would people put wheels and tires on their trucks that rub inside the wheel well unless they're on a straight and level road? Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,353 Posts
wht2000 said:
Why would people put wheels and tires on their trucks that rub inside the wheel well unless they're on a straight and level road? Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
People keep wanting bigger wheels on their trucks, and the trucks are not made for the bigger wheels so they rub some times, usually it's just some inner fender cutting that will fix the problem. :)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top