Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V - Black Raven
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my rotors turned at the dealer (mistake) roughly 2K miles ago and now the front left (?) pad is squealing occasionally under light pressure but goes away if you press harder on the pedal.

Anyone had this issue before and been able to solve it? The dealership confirmed that the pads were fine and it never squealed prior to this after 20K miles of ownership.

I've done plenty of brake jobs before, so I'm inclined to replace the pads and be done with it, but I've not been able to locate a decent write-up of what parts I need and the overall process, even after searching for a few days.

I will probably replace pads only and leave the rotors alone unless someone can recommend an all-in-one rotor + pad option that's affordable.

What AC-Delco parts do I need for the fronts? Rears? When do I have to replace the wear sensor or the shims?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V - Black Raven
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cadillac Man - I didn't see the post you're referring to, still have the link?

Anyone have a write up of what needs to be replaced? Is it just the pads and wear sensor only if faulty?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
I still have the link
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FKXXNG?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links)

Now there is no pad wear sensor on these trucks(gm service manual doesn't show one nor is there one on the truck)
The brake pads do have a squealer tab on them
FYI don't use the shims as mine worked out of place and rubbed the drum of the rear rotors so I removed them(rear only)

----------

Also I forgot to mention while your in there check the park brake shoes(they are separate from the main brakes)

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
cadikarl said:
Spend a little more and get the EBC rots/pads. I alsoheard good reviews about the Wagner Thermo Quiets.
The set I linked to has been great and I tow a lot and haven't had a issue with them
Proper break in is key to them lasting long

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V - Black Raven
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I'm going to look at it later tonight. Poking through the wheel, all 4 pads look like they have plenty of life, not sure where the intermittent squeal is coming from.

I have used those PowerStop rotor kits before on. Grand Cherokee, overall satisfied with performance to value.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Your best off removing the wheel as the inside pad can sometimes wear quicker then the outside one(mine did that) and it fools you into thinking the pads have more life then they may really do

·
Registered
05 ESV Platinum
161 Posts
Had my rotors turned at the dealer (mistake) roughly 2K miles ago and now the front left (?) pad is squealing occasionally under light pressure but goes away if you press harder on the pedal.

Anyone had this issue before and been able to solve it? The dealership confirmed that the pads were fine and it never squealed prior to this after 20K miles of ownership.

I've done plenty of brake jobs before, so I'm inclined to replace the pads and be done with it, but I've not been able to locate a decent write-up of what parts I need and the overall process, even after searching for a few days.

I will probably replace pads only and leave the rotors alone unless someone can recommend an all-in-one rotor + pad option that's affordable.

What AC-Delco parts do I need for the fronts? Rears? When do I have to replace the wear sensor or the shims?

Thanks in advance!
I had same sound coming from mine recently. Made the mistake of buying new pads and started to install when I realized my pads still had plenty of life left. My rotors are good as well with no grooves. I just ignore it as it comes and goes. Mostly hear it as I back out of driveway.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V - Black Raven
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jrader94 said:
I had same sound coming from mine recently. Made the mistake of buying new pads and started to install when I realized my pads still had plenty of life left. My rotors are good as well with no grooves. I just ignore it as it comes and goes. Mostly hear it as I back out of driveway.
Thanks for the feedback, will try to pull the wheels today. I hear mine going forward, but if you're hearing it in reverse it may be the parking brake dragging. Have you used it lately or inspected it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts