Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. We are thinking about buying a 2004 escalade. Here are the details, under 50k miles, original owner, all dealer service records, garage kept, gonna pay private party kelly blue book value in very good condition $14,200. So we know it has low miles but it is 11 years old, we are just a bit afraid of potential problems with these luxury suv. We would be happy if we could get 5 years of use out of it at an average of 15k miles a year without having any major repairs to do. What are the common problems with this year model escalade? Should we or should we not buy this year escalade? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Shocks are a big expense to have the dealer do.

----------

I think its like 14 or 15 hundred to do all 4 and a new compressor, to do it yourself ordering the stuff online,try to use that for wiggle room ,but that price for the truck (what kind)seems to good to be true

·
Registered
escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the shock information, how long do they usually last before going bad? on the price were not buying from a dealer with a retail price tag, Kelly blue book private party price is about $3,000 difference. we printed it out and showed the seller and he looked it up and agreed he was "asking retail price" but did not get any serious phone calls from buyers at that price. it is the regular escalade suv. same body as the Tahoe suv.

"

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
The shocks wear will depend on the mileage and conditions you drive in

The base escalade is the same body as a Tahoe/Yukon just like the esv is like the suburban/Yukon xl
Though there is a lot of differences between the three SUVs

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
Id buy it. That's a great price with low miles. No brainer. Even if you had to put in a new set of air shocks and compressor...$2000??? So what. I paid $12K for a 2006 ESV with 130K miles. Buy it before they realize its worth more than that. Ha

·
Registered
2013 ESC EXT
27 Posts
I recently purchased a 2005 EXT and love it, even with 150k miles. I have only minor issues that come with that kind of mileage. The one thing no one has told you is to TAKE IT TO A MECHANIC and let that make it or break it. Good Luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts